Uncensored Lolis, Lovecraft, and mecha.
Arkham city is a bustling hub of commerce and industry, however Arkham is also a center of eldrich lore: home to Miskatonic University, an institution of higher learning with one of the most complete libraries of arcane literature in the world. In the span of two generations the town was built up to the status of prestige it now commands, an expansion helmed by the Hadou Group, an industrial complex and family dynasty currently run by the young Hadou Ruri. She pursues the peace and prosperity of Arkham diligently, against the forces of darkness threatening to plunge the city, and the world, back into a second dark age. Among the most sinister threats to Arkham City is the evil Black Lodge syndicate. Led by the charismatic Master Therion, his nihilistic outlook shapes the group's destructive goals: with a circle of powerful sorcerers at his command, the potential for sowing chaos in the city is unmatched.
Former Miskatonic University Magic Academy student Daijuuji Kurou knows little of grimoires, but what he does know terrifies him - enough that he left his university life behind, and now practices a failing detective business in the shelter of an orphanage in a quiet corner of Arkham. But just when he thought his Academy past was buried, it catches up with him and pulls him back into the dark shadows of the occult: Hadou Ruri herself appears at his door with an offer he can't refuse. The only way to combat the Black Lodge's growing magical power is to find, and retrieve, a grimoire with the power to activate the mightiest Machina of all: Demonbane. The quest to find this forbidden tome will change Kurou's destiny... forever.
[Taken from the official website]
- Written by Hagenaya Jin (Scenarist of Dra+Koi, Kishin Hishou Demonbane).
- Art and Character Design by NiΘ (Artist/Character designer of Jingai Makyou, the anime Blassreiter and Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls, plus also responsible for some of the mech designs in the Muv-Luv trilogy).
- Music by Zizz Studio (Studio responsible for the music in Saya no Uta, Kikokugai, Phantom of Inferno, and with a few exceptions, every Nitro+/Nitro+Chiral game)
- Vocals by Ikusawa Yuuichi (OP) and Itou Kanako (ED).
- Main Translation: Makoto, Fungi
- Engineering: ViruX, Nagato
- Editing: Phlebas, Moogy
- Secondary Translation: LoSs, Moogy, gckc, JAST staff
- QC: izmos
As of this week, Demonbane USA is available from all retailers that carry JAST USA software. We hope you will support our collaboration with JAST so that we can continue bringing you games just as awesome as Demonbane in the future. There are a few things I wanted to clear up about the release in a semi-official space below, check them out. If you have any further questions, feel free to use the talk page here. Moogy (talk) 16:50, 17 May 2011 (CDT)
- Regarding voices: All PC versions of Demonbane, including Demonbane USA, are partially voiced. The best estimate would be that around 20% of the game is voiced - more specifically, the first chapter, last chapter, and important scenes (including ero, character introductions, etc.) in between are voiced. Do not be surprised when the voices cut out after chapter 1 and do not return for a very long time, in other words.
- Localization decisions: Honorifics were not used in Demonbane USA because the game takes place in America and the characters are meant to be speaking English. Feel free to criticize this decision as much as you want, but this is the rationale behind it.