This is the Error Reporting page for Katahane.
Typos, weirdly worded lines, and technical errors such as crashes should go here.
Reports should have the entire line and the script location, please use the search box on the left side for locating the lines.
Screenshots are also welcome, but please make sure to hotlink them and not just paste the links here rawly wasting everyone's bandwidth upon loading this page.
Note that previously reported errors are in the archives, and that by the very nature of error reporting, you are likely to encounter spoilers. Redundant reports do not present a problem, so do not worry about them.
Please be nice.
 Typos/Spelling Errors
- Would've been nice to have had these pointed out back when we released the Kurohane QC patch in April... Thanks anyway. We might release a typo-fix update in a few weeks. -I failed jp302 14:33, 3 September 2011 (CDT)
- Thx, fixed.
There's a typo when you first get to the city of Chrome. Its around where Belle decides to tell Wakaba about her problems.
"...But, Angelina-sand didn't seem to be happy for me-"
 Grammar rules
 Technical BooBoos
It's come to our attention that, at least for some people, the game is not defaulting to the intended font. Before you report any wordwrapping errors, please make sure that the menu item File->Font Config is set to the font "S2GP月フォント." -I failed jp302 17:12, 30 August 2011 (CDT)
There's a bug with saving and loading that the process consumes the line the save was made on. Before saving, , after loading the save, the highlighted line in the previous screenshot isn't there . Also seems to only occur when saving on dialogue lines (doesn't seem to happen on narration lines).
- Not to be rude, but this is most likely not worth the hackers' time and effort to fix.
- To put it in perspective: back when this project was negotiating with MangaGamer for an official release, our primary motivation was that at the time, we believed that the various show-stopping bugs we'd encountered with the Majiro engine and the contemporary repacking tools were insurmountable.
- After our hackers heroically dealt with all the crashes and most of the text display glitches, I don't really want to bother them with minor usability issues like this. -I failed jp302 13:55, 26 September 2011 (CDT)
- Whether it's worth the time or not depends on how simple the problem is to fix. But I'm not here to argue, so if you choose not to, then I guess that's sure fine too.
The "Passage of Death" CG reads "ssage of Death" when viewed in the CG gallery.
- Appears to be an engine bug. Using a shorter label fixes the problem. Considering "Last Moment" though it's not a terribly precise translation of 死にゆく時. -I failed jp302 02:16, 11 October 2011 (CDT)
The newly uploaded 1.1 patch is broken. 44.8KB in size. Upon further investigation, in seems like that "Katahane English Patch v1.1.exe" is just a html file in disguise that leads to a mediafire download of the real thing. lol.