Mitsuki is a bright young man who can't apply himself to school, and an event in his past keeps him from getting close to anyone. Then, just before summer, a series of events gets him involved in the lives of eight girls at school...
Period is a school-based, true-love ero ADV from Littlewitch, the creators of Episode of the Clovers, Quartett!, and Romanesque.
- Main Article: Period:Walkthrough
How to pick up chicks. May contain spoilers.
- 2012/08/06 - Editing is complete; working on the final patches.
- 2012/07/21 - Editing is progressing well. A couple of minor announcements:
- I've set a tentative release date of August 15th, for both the regular and non-ero versions. That should give me more than enough time, even with padding the schedule, but as with anything, something could always pop up that would prevent me from keeping that schedule...
- I've decided that, to help ease some of the inevitable confusion around there being two releases, I'd name the non-ero version something different - Period ~Summer Sky~. (It's not too unusual for a game to get a subtitle like this when it gets ported to a console and has the ero scenes removed - for example, Quartett and Romanesque. Hopefully, people won't think it's so strange to do that for a translation release.) How did I arrive at that name?
- Long version - I originally wanted something to convey the idea that it had the ero scenes removed; but everything I tried to come up with sounded like a bad romance novel, so I ditched that. Anyway, the sky is a common theme among several of the heroines, and of course much of the game takes place in the events leading up to, and including, the summer. Plus it sounds neat (to me).
- Short version - I pulled it out of my ass.
- 2012/06/21 - A quick clarification. When I make the final release, there will be three different patches, of which you need only one:
- An English installer for the full game - this will install the game from scratch, instead of running the Japanese installer from the game disk (the game disk must still be inserted). This is the one you would normally use when installing for the first time.
- An English installer for the full game with ero scenes removed; otherwise the same as 1 above. This is the one you would use if you want to play the game without ero scenes. There's no option to turn them on in this patch, or turn them off in the patch above; the two are completely separate.
- An incremental patch, exactly the same as the incremental patches I've been releasing (i.e. you must already have the game and the previous incremental patch installed). You should only grab this one if you've been following the incremental patches, and don't want to re-install the game.
- Also, after that release, I'll investigate translating and adding the extra scenario available in the Fanclub edition of the game. This will be released afterward, so I don't delay the real release for those who don't have/want the extra scenario.
- 2012/06/20 - Translation complete. Wall of text when I actually make the final release, probably, but for now, translation complete. Wow. Anyway, miles to go before I sleep - there's still QC of the last two routes; I want to make a quick (I promise) editing pass over the whole game and rebuild my long neglected translation notes (editing % added to the progress indicator below); finalize the installer; and make the ero-free version. If/when I can come up with a semi-reliable release date I'll update VNDB or something.
- 2012/06/07 - Asahi's route is complete! As I said before I won't be making another release until the final one. On to the home stretch!
- 2012/02/18 - Yukina's route is complete! And a few other announcements:
- There are now only two routes left to complete, Asahi and Koto. Since Koto's route is much shorter than the others and kind of an extra, I'll be releasing the last two routes together when they're both done. That means the next patch release (barring bug/grammatical fixes) will be the final one!
- After I release the last patch (or concurrent with it, if things turn out well), I'll also be releasing a new patch or an option to the existing patch to remove ero scenes. I'd like everyone to be able to enjoy Period, and I know some people are uncomfortable with ero games. I'd hesitate to call it an "all-ages" version since it will still contain salty language and casual nudity... so maybe 15+ or 17+? Age ratings are kind of silly anyway...
- I'm also considering other conveniences like a combined English game/patch installer, and a translated demo (if I had somewhere to put it).
- 2011/12/17 - Tsuzumi's route is complete!
- 2011/10/20 - Kohane's route is complete!
- 2011/10/01 - Aoi's route is complete!
- 2011/07/17 - Two more big milestones - the last summer (Kohane, Aoi and Koto) is complete, and the whole game is now 50% complete! It's all downhill from here (in a good way) - I'll be able to make releases twice as quickly because I don't have to translate any more summer events, just the girls' routes. Now, let's go convert a lesbian!
- 2011/06/12 - I've made the second release of the translation!
- 2011/05/24 - I finished the intelligent patch program, and the translation patch went from 300MB to 10MB. I'll start on the next route while I wait for proofing results. I can almost taste the 50% mark...
- 2011/05/08 - Rin's route is complete!
- 2011/03/13 - I've reached two milestones - Rin's and Yukina's summer is complete, and the entire translation is now over 1/3 complete! Now on to Rin's route proper...
- 2010/12/27 - I've made the first release of the translation!
- 2010/11/14 - I've sent the patch to a couple of people to check; no word yet on progress. I created the final installer (barring any last-minute fixes), and since it's over 300MB, I'll probably be torrenting it. In the meantime I've started on Rin's route. I also added a detailed progress indicator with percent complete for each portion of the game.
- 2010/10/30 - All image/UI editing, and all translation for Miyu's route (including the beginning of the game common to all characters, the middle common to Miyu, Tsuzumi and Asahi, and Miyu's ending) is complete. Subsequent releases will be done one character at a time.
- Main Article: Period:Error Reports
Found anything wrong? Let us know! (Warning: contains spoilers.)
Studio Oshaberi Nyanko Staff
- Translation: nekoyasha
- Reversing: nekoyasha
- Tools: nekoyasha
- Editing: nekoyasha
- Special Thanks: miruki and forceonatr for initial QC, Dan. for ongoing QC, Moogy &co. for hosting
|Route name||Size (kB)||Translation progress||Editing progress|
|Summer 1 (Asahi, Miyu, Tsuzumi)||103||100%||100%|
|Summer 2 (Kohane, Aoi, Koto)||183||100%||100%|
|Summer 3 (Rin, Yukina)||219||100%||100%|
Patch History and Downloads
To install a full patch, you must have an original copy of Period installed (with no previous translation patched), patched with the official 1.1 patch available from Littlewitch (see the links below). To install an update patch, you must have the previous translation patch already installed.
- 1.0 - Initial patch; Miyu's route translated. No longer supported.
- 2.0 - New efficient patch mechanism; added Rin's route. No longer supported.
- 2.1 - Fixed a crash introduced into Miyu's route. No longer supported.
- 3.0 - Added Aoi's route. No longer supported.
- Full patch
- Update patch - 2.1 to 3.0
- 4.0 - Added Kohane's route. No longer supported.
- Full patch
- Update patch - 3.0 to 4.0
- 5.0 - Added Tsuzumi's route. No longer supported.
- Full patch
- Update patch - 4.0 to 5.0
- 6.0 - Added Yukina's route.
By downloading and/or installing this translation patch, you agree to the following (don't worry, this is all common sense stuff):
- Period is the copyright of Littlewitch and Monochroma; I make no claim to any part of that. I'm merely providing a service for people not fluent in Japanese to play what I consider to be a great game. This translation patch, and any other files that come with it, are not to be associated, released, packaged, bundled, or hot-glued to any downloaded, shared, or otherwise illegal/immoral copy of the original game. The patch, of a necessity, contains certain portions of the games files, but does not contain enough to play without a full, original copy of the game.
- The translated text itself may not be used in any other English translation of the game, whether free (as in freedom or beer) or paid, without express written consent of Studio Oshaberi Nyanko. The use of the translated text as a springboard for non-English translations is expressly permitted; notification and credit are nice, but not mandatory.
- The translation patch may not be uploaded to any online file share service (including, but not limited to, Filesonic, Easy Share, Hotfile, Fileserve, Bitshare, Duckload, or any similar service) without express written consent of Studio Oshaberi Nyanko.
- The game Period, as well as the translation patch, contain adult content and are restricted to those 18 years of age or older. By installing the translation patch, you assert that you are 18 years of age or older, or the legal age to view adult content in your country of residence.