Down the Rabbit Hole
It's my Own Invention
Which Dreamed It
Every story is a melody.
They harmonize to form an even greater story.
"The Sky and the World" "The Beginning and the End" "Literature and Science"
"The Savior and The Hero" "Brother and Sister" "Sunflowers and the Hill"
Words become melodies.
Subarashiki Hibi is that kind of story.
- Translation: vvav (main), Moogy (sub), Koto (ero, misc.)
- Translation Supervision: Moogy
- Engineering: kingshriek
- Editing: DxS, herkz, I failed jp302
- Image Editing: RoXaS
- Quality Control: DxS, herkz
- July 20th, 2012 - Partial Patch for Rabbit Hole I released. Get it here. Use the error reports page for any errors you find and read the FAQ for any questions you may have.
- June 23rd, 2012 - Approximate line numbers added to progress. Please note that the number of lines in the translation is slightly lower than the original because there are some unused lines. Also, the ero replay scripts aren't counted because those just need copied and pasted from the original script and we're not going to do that until the entire game is done.
- June 15th, 2012 - Project restarted/announced or whatever. DxS is a fucking faggot who was too lazy to fill in the progress properly, but all of Rabbit Hole I and II have been translated, so we figured it was silly to keep the project hidden. Isn't it swell. vvav will be handling the bulk of the translation, while I'll be pitching in for Jabberwocky II and a few spots I think could use some extra polish. Koto is the whipping boy demoted to translating ero. Also there are totally QCers. Totally. Anyway send DxS anthrax until he puts up proper progress info.
|Chapter Name||Translation Progress||Editing Progress|
|Down the Rabbit-Hole I||4890/4890 (100%)||4890/4890 (100%)|
|Down the Rabbit-Hole II||6401/6401 (100%)||6401/6401 (100%)|
|It's My Own Invention||14449/17549 (82.3%)||11894/17549 (67.8%)|
|Looking-Glass Insects||305/10435 (2.9%)||26/10435 (0.3%)|
|Jabberwocky I||50/8143 (0.6%)||50/8143 (0.6%)|
|Which Dreamed It||8/2501 (0.3%)||8/2501 (0.3%)|
|Jabberwocky II||77/2946 (2.6%)||0/2946 (0%)|
|Endings||0/1394 (0%)||0/1394 (0%)|
|Misc||0/26 (0%)||0/26 (0%)|
|Ero Replay||???/5579 (??%)||???/5579 (??%)|
|Total Lines (without ero replay)||26180/54285 (48.2%)||23269/54285 (42.9%)|
|Rabbit Hole 1|
How much does this patch cover?
It only covers the first chapter, Rabbit Hole I. While we could've waited a bit and released through Invention, we felt that not having Insects would not cover enough of the story. Also, Rabbit Hole I is mostly unrelated to the three following chapters. There will likely be another partial patch when Insects is finished.
How do I install the patch?
Just extract all the files from the zip and copy them to wherever you installed Subahibi then double click BGI-en.exe to run.
What's the BGI-en.exe for?
The original .exe does not correctly support italics tags and breaks them, although the engine does support them just fine. We changed it so that we could use italics.
Do I need a walkthrough?
No, you don't. There's only one set of choices in Rabbit Hole I. If you choose not to kiss anyone or kiss Zakuro, you get the good end and can move on to the rest of the game. If you choose to kiss Kagami or Tsusaka you get their ending. Also note that if you do Zakuro's ending first you cannot go back to RH1 without completing RH2.
But I accidentally did Zakuro's route first and now I want to go back. What should I do?
You can skip through RH2, start it again, and choose the bottom choice to go back to RH1. However, if you don't want to spoil yourself by seeing RH2 early then just delete BGI.gdb in your game directory. Also note that this will delete any settings and any progress you had before.
The text size in the ero scene replay is bigger than normal.
Yes, the text size change needed to fit longer lines all in the text box doesn't work for that part. Maybe it will be fixed later. Who knows?
Some of the images aren't edited.
Yeah, they're not done yet, but we'd rather release the partial patch today instead of delaying it a few days as to coincide with Tsui no Sora.
If you have any other questions, feel free to use the talk page.