|· vndb|· V-N.net|
 Symphonic Rain
There are all sorts of sorrows
Tears that cannot be expressed aloud
Will there be a day
when light pierces through the clouds?
Even in the rain...
May 15th 2010: The second side story is translated. Sorry for being a slow bastard about this. A kind soul has provided us with the missing three sidestories, so I suppose those will be translated as well. One day. Maybe. Phar 12:09, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
March 18 2010: Patch installer created. Have some links to [TLWiki]_Symphonic_Rain_English_Patch_Beta2_[317107F7].exe! This contains the updated scr_qc.pak below. --TinFoil 02:40, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
March 7th 2010: The first of the four side stories from the DPC disk is now translated (though not yet edited). The other three will follow sometime soon, maybe. And there are actually three more side stories that came with the Fukyuuban release.
If anyone happens to have these, it would please us greatly if you could provide them for translation. Phar 16:37, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
An updated Scr_qc.pak: mediafire. This fixes a crash in Phorni's route as well as the minor stuff reported so far.
The Japanese walk-through can be found here
Just extract into your install directory, select 'yes to all' when asked to overwrite stuff, then follow the instructions in the included readme.
Since this game probably won't be hacked properly
any time soon ever, I bit the bullet and made the best of what's available now. I've manually circumvented all crashes that plagued the previous release by either shortening lines or inserting page breaks. I've also somehow managed to fix the broken script jumps by hex-editing some scene table file and guessing the correct (?) entry byte addresses. English edited images and lyrics are included now too.
So basically, the game is fully playable now, albeit with a few minor restrictions:
- Message speed is still slow and broken. This can be circumvented by setting message speed to max (instant line display).
- Some lines that were displayed at a fixed speed in the original (for effect or whatnot) had become excruciatingly slow due to the above issue. They're now displayed like regular lines.
- Mid-line script effects (mainly tachi-e changes) had to be stripped because they broke the awesome word wrapping algorithm.
- The message history is cut off a bit on the right.
- The 'next line' icon is misaligned in NVL mode (who cares).
- RT removed the Ranking modes from the localized .exe for God knows what reason. I've no idea how to bring these back.
There's a good chance I didn't catch everything, so if you still come across any crashes or lines that get cut off, leave a message on the Symphonic Rain Error Report page and I'll try to fix them.
- Phar 20:07, 18 February 2010 (UTC)
If you have the no-text bug then get the Essai font from here copy it into your gamefolder and windows font folder, then run regedit, search on Borland and add the exe manually like
Regedit HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Borland Locales Then right click, "New String Value" After that, edit the string you made. The Value Name should be the path to SR_qc.exe, and the value data should be MOO.
- 18 February 2010: Second beta patch released.
- 21 November 2009: Beta patch released.
- 26 September 2009: Translation finished
- 5 August 2009: Torta and Al Fine routes translation finished (90.0% of full text translated)
- 7 May 2009: Falsita route translation finished (60.1% of full text translated)
- 22 March 2009: Lise route translation finished (42.6% of full text translated)
- 7 October 2007: Project started
 Scripts breakdown
Uncategorized scripts: 0 of 187.
 Per section
- Reverse-engineering, hacking: pretty much done, stalled
- Tools: pretty much done
- Translation/TL check: pretty much done
- Graphics edition: close to completion
- Proof/edit/QC: in progress
- Packaging: close to completion
A script dumper and reinserter program is available in the Tools section. The tool is being improved to adhere to standard guidelines for better translator friendliness (separate strings file, automatic text layout). It still needs to be upgraded, but deeper work is needed for tweaking the game program and its text layout algorithms.
 Project Participants
- Translation: Phar
- Editing/Proofing: Neko · Sunken · AllanGordon
- Graphics Editing: EchoMateria
- Hacking: RT (talk)
- #1 Nakahara Mai Fanboy: Moogy
 Song Lyrics
 Buying the game
 Technical Details
This section for reference only. For programmers and people curious as to how the game engine works.
- Author: トイレの残り香
- from Game "Quartett!" 「ユニ」 Ending Theme [Littlewitch]
- Lyrics: 中原涼
- Composer/Arranger: 細井聡司 (hosplug)
- Vocals: 中原涼
- Strings performance: 竹内Strings
- Author: Tonelf
- Torta Image Song (Composer's self-cover)
- Lyrics/Composer: 岡崎律子
- Arranger: 長谷川智樹
- Vocals: 岡崎律子
- Strings: 弦 一徹グループ
- Harp: 朝川朋之
- Flute: 相馬充
- Oboe: 柴山洋
- Clarinet: 十亀正司
- Bassoon: 木村正伸
|p997tt||9.2/10||“if you can understand Japanese or Chinese, and you like visual novels in general then I see no reason why you would want to miss this game. If you have never played a novel game before but you like anime music, like cute looking characters and you just want to just sit back, relax and enjoy the storyline of a game then by all means, give Symphonic Rain a try.”|
|en||kgptzac||-||“Even though some parts of the plot aren't very sensible, the overall enjoyment of it is beyond excellency.”|
 External Links