Talk:Pure Pure The Story of Ears and Tails
 I have just gotten Pure Pure
I was planning to play in Japanese and try to understand it myself but even the japanese letters are not poping up right. it is pretty much like this "(ん...か...@..jun...お >...?...さち.. @)" and eventualy i got to a point when the menu disapeard and i was stuck with sachi for a while. Did i screw up the data when instaling or something? and if i did, will the english patcg fix this? please help. or is it something to do with my computer is an english computer?
 You guys are awesome
The best translation team ever.
I agree. Awesome is all you are made of. --ShinseiTom 15:05 20 September 2009 (CDT)
Yes. You guys are awesome and should feel awesome due to your sheer awesomeness. I also like the shirt.18.104.22.168 22:46, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
 New PAK unpacker
Finally, I've wrote my own version of command line tool! ^_^
The benefits are:
* Small size (only 93 kb) * Can list the archive contents * Can extract any specified file * Can create subdirectories for extraction * Source is available ^3^
You can find it here: 
WinKi-tyan 09:15, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Epic. Smaller, runs fast, although not as fast as the original one, it still shrinks the patch down! --Furyoftheskies 07:02, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
 Small but important installer tip
I found the key in pure.ini which is responsible for turning the "character's clouds" on and off (the thing that confused lots of people, including myself ^_^'). It's "FukidasiMode=x". The x is a boolean.
The good news are the NSIS is capable of read\write the INI files. So, in order to switch off the nasty clouds at-the-installer's-runtime, you should simply add this line:
WriteINIStr $INSTDIR\pure.ini WINDOW FukidasiMode 0
Best regards, WinKi-tyan 21:31, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
 Minimising filesize of the patch?
If you want to optimise the size of the patch installer, then packing your BMP files into LZ and back to PAK at your side is a big mistake.
In my humble opinion, the best scheme which can be applied to your release is like that (I did that for my Russian Ever17 patch):
0. With VPatch suite (included into every fresh NSIS release), create difference patch file for the original _unpacked_ BMP files and your translated files.
1. Write your installer using NSIS and make it do this:
- Extract needed BMPs from PAK (via NSIS custom plug-in (looks nice, lots of coding) or command-line tool (easier, lots of console windows))
- Patch them via VPatch command
- (Optional) Pack patched translated files into LZ+PAK (via another NSIS custom plug-in or command-line tool)
The result will be pretty nice - the smallest possible installer (as NSIS internally uses LZMA - the best compression ever made).
I can program the NSIS script, as well as batch file for patch generation or provide some examples, if you're interested. ^_^ WinKi-tyan 12:05, 8 February 2009 (UTC)
- I would like some examples, if possible. I can kind of understand what you're saying, but a piece of code with comments would greatly be appreciated.
- What I'm doing right now with the patch is merely dropping them into a \cg folder that is read by the exe.
- Actually, the game looks for 2 things, specifically, cg.pak (which is a 1 gb file) and patch.pak, which is a special pak file that can contain MULTIPLE filetypes (.bmp, .mio, .wav). What I want to do is to recreate the patch.pak file, because the patch.pak file is read first BEFORE all other files, and it contains the fixed CG's for Pure Pure, so I want to know if it's possible to add files into the patch.pak instead so that the size of the total installer will be minimized.
- If it's possible for NSIS to make the .pak file during install given that it has the original files, then that would be fine too. But then again, I'm not too sure on the compression code. I only have the code for the decompressor, so I don't even know if a certain code can recreate a pak that can be read by Pure Pure.
- At any rate, I'd like examples still. It's worth a shot. Also, here's the code of the decompressor if it's needed.
- The person who wrote it told me (quote): "The algorithm is the typical lz variation with a sliding window."
- If you could, please post it on our forums or somewhere where it's easy to read. --Furyoftheskies 07:13, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- YAHOOOO! 5 Mb vs. 30! Fantastic! Congratulations! ^O^ WinKi-tyan 07:35, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- It's because I moved the song patch. If I added the song patch, the patch would have been 17 MB. It's also thanks to you as well ^_^--Furyoftheskies 15:13, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
 Possible PS2 Addition
I've been told that it's possible to implement Midou's voice into the game given that we have the PS2 disc.
That being said, There is a possibility of having a voiced Midou in the game. I'll be looking into this, but if anyone else can prove it as well, please tell me so. --Furyoftheskies 10:07, 6 February 2009 (UTC)
- It's been proven. I need to fix the files though, because the format is funny. --Furyoftheskies 12:21, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
 GUI and CG
I have a copy of this VN and pretty handy with Paint Shop Pro (aka Photoshop replacement). I've also figured out PAK format but got stuck with it's compression (LZSS\RLE-alike). Do you have a decompressor by the chance? WinKi-tyan 17:14, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- Just downloaded the patch... Well, i guess you don't need any help. Never mind then. WinKi-tyan 15:07, 24 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hehe, sorry about that. I got quite a bit of help concerning the CGs, and I taught myself how to use Gimp (although its not as powerful as Paint Shop Pro probably) so things are going ok for now. I am looking for beta testers still. --Furyoftheskies 22:33, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
 Uploading script files
If anyone would like to help, I can place the script files into 1 big rar and give a ddl if you would like.
Wouldn't it be easier to just upload all of the script files to the wiki? VDZ 13:36, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
- I don't know how to upload stuff to the wiki ^_^; Maybe someone could teach me? --Furyoftheskies 00:58, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
 The pirate patch is the greatest thing I have ever seen
 Why we won't port to English Locale
Basically, the special full width characters (like ～, ｢, and ♪ ) are too long, and we don't really want to split each one into 2 pieces.
We tried replacing ENG based characters with the ones used in the game, but the engine refuses to make them fullwidth even though they are defined as such.
tl;dr No ENG Localization. Jap Locale Only. --Furyoftheskies 07:59, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
 I'm still around, FOTS (vvav)
You know my e-mail address. I'm never sure if this project is dead or not. If not, let me know.