G-Senjou no Maou: Error Reports
This is the Error Reporting page for G-Senjou no Maou.
Typos, suspected mistranslations, weirdly worded lines, technical errors such as crashes/badly displayed lines should go here.
Reports should have the entire line; a chapter number, and/or ideally the script file in which it occurs in (g27.ks etc.) Script files can be located by entering the line in question on the search box to the left. Alternatively, you may access the debug menu and console by changing debugwin="\x6E\x6F" to debugwin="\x79\x65\x73" in your gstring.cf file. The console will tell you what script file you are in and allow you to copy text from the game.
Note that previously reported errors are in the archives, and that by the very nature of error reporting, you are likely to encounter spoilers. Redundant reports do not present a problem, so do not worry about them.
Also, please be so kind and LINK to your screenshots if you are reporting with those, and not paste them just here wasting everyone's bandwidth.
TOROLChapter 4: "...I am too this way all the time..." should be "...I, too, am this way all the time..." or "...I too am this way all the time..."
- Again: it's a reference on [nm t="ユキ" s=yuk_7193]“Ah, but surely even you aren't this glacial young woman all the time, correct?”[np] 5 lines earlier. Please do not suggest changing it again.
Mizuha route, one line remained in JP.  It's just after the last choice in her route. (Mizuha good end).
- That was fixed in the latest version of the patch (version 1.1).
Nope,it's atill there. I'm running v1.1 patch.
- Try downloading the patch again. The 1.1 patch that was first uploaded was basically the same as version 1.0. The issue was fixed rather quickly, though. Here's a screenshot from the fixed version: 
TOROLg42.ks : [nm t="堀部" s=hor_7050]“So, standard procedure, then? You want we should keep Tomanbetsu's Finest from catching wind of your little operation?”[np] (You want we should keep ... should be ... Should we keep ... or ... You want to keep ... or ... You want us to keep)
- It's not proper English, it's proper gangster usage of the English. These are intentionally written like this, even if you haven't heard of that before (don't worry I didn't know of it either before QCing these lines) See google or something
I get an error and a crash in chapter 3 right after the flashback when Gonzo enters their home. The crash happens when the flashback ends and Kanon is supposed to say something in Kyousuke's room. An error message and a blue screen with a lot of gibberish. I see in the below case that something called a console log probably would help, although I have no idea how I should go about providing one.
EDIT: I found the log. http://pastebin.com/0SQV8YTC
EDIT2: It worked fine when I tried deleting my whole save folder and restart from the beginning. I would appreciate if you took a look at my log anyway though, finding out the reason would be nice if it happens again.
The game gives me an error and crashs, after i take the choice "Devote myself to Tsubaki" in g23.ks. EDIT: Here is it http://pastebin.com/BZBvNaTs
- I don't see anything glaringly obvious that would cause something like that in the scripts. Can you upload your krkr.console.log to pastebin or somewhere similar? You can find the file in your my documents\gsen save folder Skyward 08:43, 25 December 2010 (CST)
- Something odd is definitely going on here... According to the log file you posted, its crashing all over the place, and the game has detected that you have negative ram. Did you install the 1.0 patch over a previous version of the English patch or just directly over the Japanese version? Also, do you have UAC enabled? Skyward 10:42, 25 December 2010 (CST)
Whenever I click on a line that has a sound file and it tries to play it an error box pops up and then the game freezes...the music keeps playing but I can't click on anything...I have to end the process to close it.
- Make sure that you have voice.xp3 in your gsen directory. If its not there, then reinstall the game. If it is there, then please upload your krkr.console.log to pastebin or somewhere similar. You can find the log file in your my documents\gsen save data folder. This error is new to me, so I can't do much without that log Skyward 07:49, 28 December 2010 (CST)
The game quit confirmation screen keeps on popping up every time in a flickering fashion, anyone knows how to solve that issue?
- I'm not quite sure what you mean, can you explain this a bit better? Skyward 07:49, 28 December 2010 (CST)
Credits Screen is misaligned, I can't see any of the text in full or windowed mode (shifted to the right, all i see is the left edge of the text)
- If you're using windows XP, make sure that you have east asian font support installed. Instructions on how to install that can be found here: . Skyward 07:49, 28 December 2010 (CST)
I got an error in chapter 2 after the choice "She's telling me to let it drop." in the scene with Gonzou. pic Here the log: http://pastebin.com/TPPEL3W5 I run win7, have UAC disabled and east asian fonts installed.
I'm getting an error during chapter 4, screen I'm running windows 7, everything installed properly, I have no real idea what can it be wrong. My console: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/26508598/krkr.console.log By the way it happens also on win xp.
New Here =3 I keep Getting a pop up box during the English patch installation titled as "Run As" If I pick current user it says it"s not admin even if it is If i pick Run program as the following user And Use the same account it still says it"s not an admin =3 I only have 1 account on my Comp. using windows 7 and in Japanese Appreciate if u could help =3
Error during chapter 1, here's a screenshot: http://tinypic.com/r/nffck2/6 The game freezes up, I get the error, then the game stays running but I can't progress. I've tried new save files and still run into the issue. 18.104.22.168 00:36, 12 February 2013 (EST)
Maou's voice isnt playing even though the voice is set as ON. ANy idea why?
I've tried to download this game twice, yet my laptop removes it, claiming that it's "not safe". I think that means the patch has a virus. Is there any way to get rid of that virus? --Ushinawareta678 (talk) 10:30, 22 December 2014 (EST)
For things that don't fit in the above like translation errors, wordwrapping issues, etc.
It's not really a mistl or anything important, just a nitpicky thing. I wouldn't liken Mixi to Twitter. Mixi is more like a Facebook that had some myspace genetically spliced. But I'm just nitpicking.
The commented out text just before each h-scene ("Skip this scene in non-ero mode") are still visible in the game. I've only gone past the 2 Tsubaki route h-scenes so far, and they both have the same problem. Screenshots: . I'm running patch 1.1 and have always been running that, I only started playing this around a week ago.
And it looks like this problem isn't limited to the H-scenes: 
- Ah yes, thanks for letting us know about this, we uploaded a new patch (installer) now with fixing just those kinda bugs (FYI the erofree patch still has that minor bug though). Should be fixed in every script file regardless of them being ero or not.
Note: I didn't really start writing stuff down until the 1.1 patch was released, which happened when I was on the chapter 2 character route (yeah, I'm a slow player). I noticed some mistakes before that, but assumed they would have already been reported. In hindsight, that was probably a bit of a naive thought. Anyway, a few things I caught:
[nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2386]“That's right. How did you know?”[np]
- [nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2386]“そうなんだ。どうして知ってるの？”[np]
そうなんだ should be "Really?" or similar.
[nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2388]“But someday, just like you said, Kyousuke-kun, we can make countless memories in a new place, too.”[np]
- [nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2388]“でもいつだったか、京介くんが言ったように、新しい場所でもいくらでも思い出は作れるから”[np]
"But just like you said one day"
[nm t="京介"]“I can't answer. What about life or money? No amount of money should be able to buy a life...”[np]
- [nm t="京介"]“さあな、命とお金ならどうだ？ 命は金に変えられないというが……”[np]
[nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2458]“Of course, it's a life... hmm? I think I've been asked that question before...”[np]
- [nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2458]“もちろん、命だよ……って、あれ？ なんかそんなこと聞かれたことあるな……”[np]
"I'd obviously pick life."
[nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2519]“B-but aren't you afraid? She seemed almost out of her mind.”[np]
- [nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2519]“だ、だって、すごい怖いよ？ 正気じゃないみたい”[np]
First part refers to the woman on the phone. ("she was really scary")
[nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2682]“You're right. Neither my father nor I know anything about money, and even though we're good people, we can also be very stubborn sometimes...”[np]
- [nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2682]“京介くんの言うとおりだとも思う。うちのお父さんはわたしとおんなじで、お金のやり繰りに疎いところあるし、人はいいけど頑固なところあるし……”[np]
She's talking about just her father for the second part after "money".
[nm t="飯島" s=iiz_7009]“Let's break the windows first. Should be no problem in this weather.”[np]
- [nm t="飯島" s=iiz_7009]“とりあえず窓割りましょう。この季節にゃ堪えるでしょ”[np]
Should be something like "That'll hit them hard in this weather."
[nm t="ハル" s=har_7796]“Remember teaching me about this, Azai-san? You told me that anyone affiliated with Sannou Corporation would have known about the price drop.”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_7796]“そこは浅井さんに教えてもらいましたよね？ ちょっとでも株に詳しい人なら誰でも予想できたって”[np]
It says nothing about an affiliation with the Sannou Corp, just "anyone with a little knowledge about stocks"
[nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2161]“Last season was such a pity. I bought tickets for this next one though, so I can cheer for you.”[np]
- [nm t="椿姫" s=tub_2161]“残念だったよね。今年もちゃんとチケット取ってるから、応援行くね”[np]
Implies she didn't have tickets for the previous one, which she did
[nm t="郁子" s=yuu_7013]“You should take a breather every once in a while. Oh, what am I saying? It's not like I'm your mother or anything.”[np]
- [nm t="郁子" s=yuu_7013]“そんな堅苦しくなることないのよ。私はあなたのお母さんじゃありませんけどね”[np]
"While I might not be your mother, there's no need to get so formal/stiff with me." This doesn't sound too great in English but I think the existing line strayed from the original meaning a bit too far.
[nm t="ハル" s=har_7971]“It's a crying shame. This place should never have been chosen as a place to exchange a ransom...”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_7971]“まったく、こんなところを身代金の受け渡し場所に選ぶはずがないんですよね……”[np]
The ransom wasn't exchanged here in the end. Should be "(Maou) obviously wouldn't have chosen this area as a place to exchange a ransom..." Because they stand out in a quiet area, I'd figure.
[nm t="花音" s=kan_7157]“How should I put it...? It feels, um... uneasy?”[np]
- [nm t="花音" s=kan_7157]“なんていうかー、ふ、あん？”[np]
- [nm t="京介"]“不安？”[np]
[nm t="花音" s=kan_7158]“Even though I know I'm going to win, there's a lot of, um... pressure, that's the word, you know?”[np]
- [nm t="花音" s=kan_7158]“勝つのはわかってるんだけどー、ぷ、れっしゃー？”[np]
- [nm t="京介"]“プレッシャー？”[np]
[nm t="花音" s=kan_7159]“That's why I came here to your place.”[np]
- [nm t="花音" s=kan_7159]“ていうことにしてよ、無理やり泊まりに来た理由”[np]
I don't think it's expressed well enough here that she just made up this reason. She's saying "uneasy" and "pressure" like that because those would be the most common reasons even though she clearly doesn't feel that way. And she's not even really trying to hide it, either, as expressed by the syllable lengtheners and mid-word pauses. This last line would be something like "Just accept that as the reason, please."
[nm t="栄一" s=eii_7450]“Well, I can see your point... Seta did pretty well tonight. Still... oh, how should I put this...? Her performance was too safe. I mean, she didn't make any mistakes, but...”[np]
- [nm t="栄一" s=eii_7450]“たしかにねー、瀬田はいい演技してたと思うよ。でもね、なんつーの、無難すぎたんだよねー。そりゃミスはなかったけどさー”[np]
"safe" isn't really wrong here, but for some reason I cringe everytime I see it as a translation for 無難. Something like "conventional" would be less Engrishy IMO.
[nm t="ハル" s=har_8224]“If we catch the accomplice, we might be able to find ‘Maou’.”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_8224]“共犯者を見つけたところで、"魔王"にたどり着けるのでしょうか”[np]
"Even assuming we catch the accomplice, will we really be able to find 'Maou'?" She's uncertain.
[nm t="京介"]“It's possible. In any case, he's our only lead at the moment.”[np]
- [nm t="京介"]“もっともだが、いまはそれしか打つ手がないじゃないか”[np]
"Good point. But in any case, he's our only lead at the moment."
[nm t="ハル" s=har_8225]“That's right.”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_8225]“それです”[np]
Something like "That's exactly the thing."
Usami spoke directly.[np]
[nm t="ハル" s=har_8226]“But if we don't find another path...”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_8226]“どこかで打開しなくては……”[np]
"We have to find some other lead/break free from this path/etc"
It's safe to say that what Hasimoto really wants to see here――the director getting thrown in prison――won't be happening.[np]
Hasimoto -> Hashimoto, director -> Director
"director" randomly being uncapitalized happens several times more in this script.
[nm t="ユキ" s=yuk_7707]“Did you know your father drove my mother and me out of the house? You didn't, did you?”[np]
- [nm t="ユキ" s=yuk_7707]“あなたの父親が、私と母さんを家から追い出したときなんて言ったか知ってる？ 知らないわよね？”[np]
"Do you know what your father said when he drove my mother and me out of the house? You don't, do you?"
They weren't very similar sisters.[l] Their outward appearances were barely alike, but their personalities were completely opposite.
Kinda strange use of "but" here. Maybe it's just me.
[nm t="ハル" s=har_8984]“Good work. That's got to be the one. How are we going to get in?”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_8984]“間違いなさそうですね。どうやって入ったんでしょうか？”[np]
"How did she/they get in?"
Usami's question was right on the mark, but I didn't have an answer yet.[np]
[nm t="理事長" s=riz_7019]“Was Yuki really behind everything? The girl's mother embezzled money from my company, you know. I should've handed her into the police, but no, I had to go and let her off after kicking her out of my house.”[np]
- [nm t="理事長" s=riz_7019]“真犯人は、ユキだって？ あの娘の母親はうちの会社の金を横領したんだぞ？ 本来なら警察に突き出してやるところを、追放するだけで許してやったんだ”[np]
He's not really expressing regret of his actions. In fact, page115 suggests he didn't want to involve the police in the first place. I suggest something like "I should've handed her to the police, but I (was kind enough to) let her off with just kicking her out of my house."
Could she really live with herself if she turned that kindhearted girl into a murderer?
"...into the sister of a murderer?" (It's amazing that this line has never been reported until now, the mistake is quite obvious.)
[nm t="ハル" s=har_9234]“O-okay... why?”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_9234]“い、いいよ……なんで？”[np]
This is more of a "N-no thanks... why would I want that?"
[nm t="水羽" s=miz_7319]“Remember, Nee-san? We're going to apologize to Miss Noriko together. I'm sure she'll forgive you.”[np]
- [nm t="水羽" s=miz_7319]“姉さん、思い直して。ノリコ先生には、いっしょに謝ろう？ きっと許してくれるわよ”[np]
思い直して, not 思い出して. "Nee-san, please reconsider. Let's go apologize to Miss Noriko together."
[nm t="ハル" s=har_9418]“Something like that. Mom told me to stop using my real name.”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_9418]“ですね。母が、本名はやめておけと”[np]
"Mom told me not to use my real name." (it's her debut album so she didn't use it before)
[nm t="ハル" s=har_9423]“There won't be a next album. My contract with the record company was cut long ago anyway.”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_9423]“もう出ませんよ。レコード会社との契約もとっくに切れてますし”[np]
Expired, not was cut. I think I'm just nitpicking now.
[nm t="ハル" s=har_9481]“Yeah, but there was this one time when everyone gave me their puddings. I got so many weird looks from that.”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_9481]“そうなんでしょうけど、余ったプリンとか、自分が全部いただいたことがあるんですよ、そしたらなんか、みんなの視線が冷たくなって”[np]
The other way around. She ate all of the left-over pudding herself, and everyone gave her cold stares.
[nm t="ハル" s=har_9655]“Well, this isn't the first time we've met during an act of terrorism.”[np]
- [nm t="ハル" s=har_9655]“テロにあうのは二回目だからな”[np]
"This isn't the first time I've been involved in a terrorist attack."
[nm t="恭平" s=mao_7098]“So, what brings the Hero out to these parts? You're not just running away, are you?”[np]
- [nm t="恭平" s=mao_7098]“それで、勇者はここで何をしていたのかな。ただ逃げ回っていたわけではなさそうだが？”[np]
"running around" or something more fitting. Nitpick maybe, but "running away" gives the wrong impression IMO. Random suggestion: "Surely you weren't just out for an evening stroll?"
[nm t="恭平" s=mao_7169]“Thank you for your cooperation, senior superintendent.”[np]
- [nm t="恭平" s=mao_7169]“協力を感謝する、警視正”[np]
...Though I guess it could lead to trouble if the police find it. I should probably hand it over to the yakuza or something soon.[np]
to the police, not the yakuza