A story of revenge.
Hanachirasu is set in a parallel timeline where nuclear weaponry was never developed. As such, Japan continued to fight through World War II, ending aggressions only when Hokkaido and Kyushu were occupied by Russia and America, respectively.
The game itself takes place in early 21st century Tokyo, which has been transformed into a haven for Japanese culture thanks to the nationalistic ideals of the charismatic Ishima Kaigen. Strict policies are in place in to enforce a ban upon firearms within the city limits. Thus, though terrorism and power struggles run rampant, swordplay, not gunfire, claims the lives of those not powerful to stake out their claims here.
Our protagonist is one Takeda Akane, a swordsman driven by a desire to face his one true rival, Igarasu Yoshia. What will stand in his path to his goal?
- Written by Narahara Ittetsu (Scenarist of Full Metal Daemon Muramasa).
- Art and Character Design by Oosaki Shinya (Artist of Gekkou no Carnevale).
- Music by Zizz Studio (Studio responsible for the music in Saya no Uta, Kikokugai, Phantom of Inferno, and with a few exceptions, every Nitro+/Nitro+Chiral game)
- Vocals by Ono Masatoshi (OP) and Itou Kanako (ED).
- Part of a round of licensures by Nitroplus USA. Look for this in a bundle with other small Nitroplus games! --TinFoil
- Patch v1.10 released. Barring major catastrophe, this should be the final release. If you are updating, please delete all of the files from the previous patch before doing so. Also included in this release is a quick reference text file for the various techniques you'll see in the game.
- Patch v1.00 released. This will not be the final release, but the entire game is translated and it should be possible to play the entirety of it without any issues; see below for details. Note that the minigame is not translated.
- Right click menu now translated
- Better English locale support
- Uses patch archive for diffed files
- Typo fixes
- Translation: Makoto, Moogy (Kyoko end), EG (C2 ero)
- Engineering: ViruX
- Testing/Proofing/Editing: Maou, LoSs, izmos, Moogy, KViN
- Image Editing: Roxas
- Game is available from:
- Seiyuu/Voice Actor List: