Saya no Uta
- Translation: Makoto
- Engineering: ViruX
- Insertion/Proofing: Moogy
- Doing things: LoSs
- Image Editing: Shu
- Part of a round of licensures by Nitro+USA. Look for this in a bundle with other small games! --TinFoil
Here's your official statement regarding our Nitro+ translations.
We are currently trying out a bit of a partnership with JAST USA in order to do a few different things:
1) Increase the speed at which the finished products are released. This is probably the item of most interest.<br\> 2) Ensure that Nitro+ fans are working on the projects, in order to provide the highest localization quality possible.<br\> 3) Simply get more Nitro+ titles translated in general and help support the companies involved. The fact that we can do this with Nitro+'s blessing is even better.<br\>
As for details of the partnership... Basically, we'll just let them have our current work and continue to work with them to finish anything we're not done with. We're also interested in working with them on games that haven't seen any sort of translation attempt as of yet.
Obviously, since we'll be working with JAST to have our translations released officially, we've taken the script files and patches offline. This was done in order to both support future official releases and to provide incentive for others to actually buy the damn games.
If you have any questions about this, or are someone who has translated or is interested in translating Nitro+ games, please don't hesitate to contact me or LoSs about the matter.
By the way, we will continue to work on the Noah translation project.
- If you guys are working with them, it would be greatly appreciated if you could warn us of any content cuts you may encounter while working with them on this title (and if possible, restore the patches if that happens). They already censored Kazoku Keikaku without warning, and I'd rather not risk getting screwed over again if it happens to any of their Nitro+ titles. - Anon 7/21/09
- We will, don't worry. We would rather have no censoring at all. --TinFoil 13:07, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Does that mean you're also willing to restore the patch link if they end up censoring this title? As admirable as their attempts to localize Nitro+ titles may be, if something like that did happen, I don't think it would be in the fans' interests if they were stuck with supporting an inappropriately altered product. - Anon
Saya no Uta English Localization v1.0.0offline atm: Support JAST USA's official localizations of Nitro+ games!
Changes: Fixed loading issue via splitting scripts. Fixed typos/etc. Simplified installation. Please read the included readme.
I consider this version of the patch finished. v1.1.0 will make it playable without the use of Applocale or Japanese locale and will probably be released sometime after Demonbane is completed. Moogy (talk) 02:32, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
Thank you all very much for supporting the project and enjoying the game. I'm proud to finally be able to bring you all a complete, playable translation of this excellent piece.
For those interested in the progress of the project, I have uploaded a snapshot of the currently translated and inserted files to Assembla. You can grab it here. Please note two things:
- One, that this isn't confirmed to work on anything except Windows XP in Japanese locale. Vista in Japanese locale may also work. Vista with Applocale will not work (It works, as long as the language files are installed -Anonymous). XP with Applocale is unconfirmed. I would highly appreciate it if people could test various combinations of OSes and Applocale. 9x is completely unknown, by the way. This will, very likely, be a non-issue in the finished product, by the way.
- Two, that the engine will take an extremely long time to load the English script - it's taken up to five minutes on an older PC. Personally, it takes around a minute. This can be alleviated by splitting the script into separate files, but I believe I shall refrain from that at the moment. It will likely be done with the finished patch.
- Back up Saya.exe, system.dll, script.pak, and system.pak.
- Extract archive into Saya no Uta directory.
The finished product will, in all likelihood, consist of one patch file and an updated exe and system.dll, so please ignore the rather ghetto method I'm using at the moment.
By the way, this translates around 70% of the game. The first ending is around 40% in; at the first choice, choose the first option for the ending, or the second option to continue. All images requiring translation are also translated, edited, and "inserted." I've chosen to simply dump them into \cg\, which the engine will read from, at the moment, as including a patched version of cg.pak, which is over 100mb, would be rather silly.
- If you have any questions/suggestions about translation, you can leave them on my talk page. If are logged at irc you can find me on ndt irc channel. --LoSs 14:05, 24 December 2008 (UTC)