Never 7: The end of infinity
The 1.05 patch fixes typos, fixes a few minor translation errors, corrects an error with the TIPS, and fixes a part of the game that crashes in the earlier versions. If you have the 1.00 version and wish to correct the TIPS error, please look below. If you've already installed the 1.02 or below patches and have therefore already installed Never7, look below.
- Text can be a bit sheared in places; this also occurs in the original Japanese.
- Video files may not play properly. Try playing them in Windows Media Player. If they do not work there, you may need to uninstall K-Lite or install this.
- Due to the Never 7 specific software requirements it is highly recommended to install this xvid codec in order to prevent game crashes during the video playing.
- Append Story files were placed in manual-en instead of append-en. To fix this manually:
- Create a folder "append-en" in your Never7 directory and "yuka_cure" in "append-en".
- Move all the "c_yuka#.snr" files from "manual-en" to "yuka_cure".
- Move all the other ".snr" files from "manual-en" to "append-en".
Game and Patch Installation Tips
If you want the videos to be subtitled, create a folder called "movie-en" in your Never7 folder and place the following files into it.
The original game came with a soundtrack CD, and had to be played with that disc in the drive for music to play. If you have the CD, then run Never7_English_CD.exe.
The download version does not include the CD. To play music, extract one or both of the following files into your Never7 directory. Original Soundtrack Oggs PSP Soundtrack Oggs While playing the game, right-click to select a playlist.
Note: As the PSP OST is slightly louder than the PC OST, it may drown out the voice acting at times. Therefore, we have provided the following folder which contains the PSP OST at lower volume levels. Once you get the folder, place the sound level of your choice directly into the Never7 folder, and you can access the playlist. We highly recommend it at the 9500 level.
Patch updates and changelog
Update: If you are getting errors about libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll, grab this and put it in the Never7 directory.
Update: If your game doesn't recognize all letters that are used in the script, these additional fonts might be helpful.
Update: If you are getting errors about msvcr100.dll, grab this and put it in the Never7 directory.
WARNING: One of the TIPS was accidentally set to be unlocked by Kurumi's Route password. This was meant to be the Cure Route password. If you have the 1.00 patch, here's how to fix it.
1. Download this file.
2. Go into your CYBERFRONT or KID game folder in Program File (x86) (or wherever your original folder is located), and place the file in your manual-en folder. Allow it to overwrite the old file.
Update: We're considering a change to Yuka's "drunk speech" for future patches. To vote on whether you'd like it changed or not, go here
You play as Makoto, a student who never attends the lectures at the school. As a punishment, you have to attend an extra seminar on an island with other classmates. However, when you arrive on the island, strange things start happening. A girl is found dead on April 6th, with a small bell in her hand. Immediately after that, you found yourself in the bed and see the date - April 1st! Was the vision of the girl just a dream, or do you possess a power to predict events? This is what you will have to find out, as a series of strange deaths make your seminar much more suspenseful that you have thought.
- Hacking: Roger Pepitone
- Translation: GundamAce, BlickWinkel
- Translation Checking: GundamAce
- Editing: Rebellion, Helio Pixy, SilentKlD
- QC: Raide, Kilicool64
- Video Editing: Foggle
- Image Editing: Roger Pepitone, Bu-Bu San
- August 16, 2012: Yuka Cure QC complete. Patch will be released tomorrow.
- August 12, 2012: Cure Route QC complete.
- August 10, 2012: Release date has been changed to August 17th to give a little extra time for QC
- August 5, 2012: Never7 Final Editing completed. A brief Quality Check on the Cure Route and Yuka Cure will still need to be conducted. Estimated date of full patch release: August 10th-August 16th.
- July 13, 2012: TIPS Final Editing completed
- July 6, 2012: Yuka Cure 5 Final Translation finished. Yuka Cure 6 Final Translation finished. Yuka Cure 7 Final Translation finished. Append Story Final Translation completed. Never7 Final Translation completed. Fully moving into final editing phase.
- July 4, 2012: Yuka Cure 4 Final Translation finished.
- July 3, 2012: Yuka Cure 3 Final Translation finished.
- June 26, 2012: Yuka Cure 2 Final Translation finished.
- June 20, 2012: Yuka Cure 1 Final Translation finished.
Differences between original and patch
PC/PSP Music Differences
|Route||Initial Translation||Initial Translation + Editing||Final Translation||Final Translation + Editing|
|Common||16/16 (100%)||16/16 (100%)||16/16 (100%)||16/16 (100%)|
|Yuka||15/15 (100%)||15/15 (100%)||15/15 (100%)||15/15 (100%)|
|Haruka||14/14 (100%)||14/14 (100%)||14/14 (100%)||14/14 (100%)|
|Saki||14/14 (100%)||14/14 (100%)||14/14 (100%)||14/14 (100%)|
|Kurumi||13/13 (100%)||13/13 (100%)||13/13 (100%)||13/13 (100%)|
|Izumi||10/10 (100%)||10/10 (100%)||10/10 (100%)||10/10 (100%)|
|Cure||10/10 (100%)||10/10 (100%)||10/10 (100%)||10/10 (100%)|
|Append Story||16/16 (100%)||16/16 (100%)||16/16 (100%)||16/16 (100%)|
|Other:||5/5 (100%)||5/5 (100%)||5/5 (100%)||5/5 (100%)|
|Total||113/113 (100%)||113/113 (100%)||113/113 (100%)||113/113 (100%)|
|TIPS:||111/111 (100%)||111/111 (100%)||111/111 (100%)||111/111 (100%)|
|Total + TIPS||224/224 (100%)||224/224 (100%)||224/224 (100%)||224/224 (100%)|