- 1 Generic
- 2 Game-specific
- 2.1 Love Plus
- 2.2 BALDR FORCE EXE tools
- 2.3 Carnival dumper and repacker
- 2.4 CROSS†CHANNEL
- 2.5 Eien no Aselia - The Spirit of Eternity Sword -
- 2.6 Gekkou no Carnevale
- 2.7 Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO
- 2.8 ToHeart2 XRATED
- 2.9 AliceSoft System 3.x
- 2.10 AliceSoft System 4.x
- 2.11 Complets
- 2.12 BGI/Ethornell
- 2.13 Lune
- 2.14 EAGLS SYSTEM
- 2.15 SofthouseChara (Wizard's Climber)
- 2.16 HoneyBee (Starry Sky After Spring)
- 2.17 Smee (Loverable)
- 2.18 YU-RIS Script Engine (Ozmafia)
- 2.19 AXL (Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate)
- 3 Wiki tools
- 4 Utilites
- 5 Tools Status
GUI-based toolkit (primarily archiver) written in Object Pascal (Delphi 7) by Russian team WKS. Multiple engine support. Distributed under BSD-alike license. See online manual for details. Source can be found at GitHub repository.
Latest build: 0.6.9.418 Nepeta r79 2013/05/08
http://galcrass.blog124.fc2.com/ - General modular ripping toolkit. Supports approx. 167 different VN engines. Comes as command-line tool with additional GUI interface.
"It consists of two parts: Crage, which extracts game resources from archives, and/or converts proprietary formats into standard formats, via "cui" plugin extensions; and Assage, which packs files back into archives, via "aui" plugin extensions. With the right "cui" and "aui" plugins, game resources can be unpacked from/packed into supported archive formats."
The latest version of Crass, released on 2009-07-23, is 0.4.14.0. Also see http://galcrass.blog124.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html for cui updates. In addition, partial cui source code(ver 1.0.4) is available at http://galcrass.blog124.fc2.com/blog-entry-9.html
As all of the download links for Crass are now dead, it has been uploaded to TLWiki for preservation: File:Crass-0.4.14.0.bin.7z
Version 1.0.4 of the cui source code for Crass can be found here: File:Cui-1.0.4.zip
A freeware game engine used in several visual novels, such as Garden and Yosuga no Sora.
Current version: 3.09a gls309a.lzh
- Cotopha script development tool: cotopha308f.lzh
- NOA32 archiver tools: noa32v109.lzh
- The skin and GUI editor: noaskin102e.lzh
- 3D model viewer & editor tool: eglmdv108.lzh
- ERISA CVT PhotoShop plugin: erisacvt105.lzh
- MIO player plugin, Winamp-compatible: in_mio.lzh
- ExtractData is a generic archive unpacking tool (old site).
English version Here
Improved English version: Here
- Official KiriKiri2 Engine tools Translated by Bluefire101: KiriKiri2 Tools TL'd
- Added the KAG example script&config translation to the above (Kaens)
- Complete tool suite from insani: Xp3tools-20060708.zip
- Fixes a bit flip error that can result in corrupted output: xp3_tools.patch
- KiriKiri/KAG3 Embedded EXE Splitter & Merger command line tool by dsp2003: kirikiri_sm_2010_10_04.7z
- Phiber's Kirikiri tool. File:Kikiriki.rar
- File:Kssize.zip - krkr line counting script (Python 3.x), see comments at top of script for how to run
KOGADO .kgo (Symphonic Rain, Dear Pianissimo, Angelic Serenade)
KOGADO .pak (Symphonic Rain, Dear Pianissimo, Angelic Serenade)
- Extractor with susie plug-in interfacing source code: Kogado_pak_amlist.zip
- CLI PHP Repacker: Make_pak_archive_10RC1.rar
- createSRPak_20080330.rar (v0.5) - juicy.gt has a nifty .pak archive creator called createSRPak that comes as a GUI app. It can encode using plain binary, Mariel, bit reversing and experimentally with Cocotte (using the GPL Cocotte Encode plug-in). Also features a command-line syntax since v0.5. License is NYSL Version 0.9982.
CLI extractor/packer for most Nitroplus N2System-based games.
- NovelNews Thread: http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35621
- Binary & Source: https://github.com/Wilhansen/nipa
- Documentation: http://www.tsukuru.info/nipa/npadoc.html
- Haeleth's tools for dealing with RealLive-based games: http://dev.haeleth.net/rldev.shtml
Tools by Proger_XP
- Delphi ShiftJIS & Unicode kit: http://vn.i-forge.net/tools/dl.php?jiskit.rar
- MD5 checksum tool: http://vn.i-forge.net/tools/dl.php?md5tool.rar
- VN music extraction tool: http://vn.i-forge.net/tools/dl.php?ostealer.rar
- Crescendo (Ikura GDL) toolset (mainly for the script editing): http://vn.i-forge.net/tools/dl.php?crescendo.rar
- Tools for manipulating MSD pack/scripts of Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo: http://vn.i-forge.net/tools/dl.php?msd.rar
- MajiroArc v.1 (Katahane) and v.2 archivers and scripts compilator (claimed that the others aren't working): http://vn.i-forge.net/tools/dl.php?mjarc.rar
- Wanko to Lily (CSX scripts) translation kit (http://vn.i-forge.net/tools/dl.php?csx.rar)
-  (DSLazy) - .nds file unpacker/repacker
-  (lptexttool) - .txrc decoder and encoder
-  (Txrc/Arc/Bin Dumper) - Extractor for .txrc, .arc and .bin files.
BALDR FORCE EXE tools
- BaldrTools.rar - Complete translation tools
Carnival dumper and repacker
- Carndump.rar - Dumper
Eien no Aselia - The Spirit of Eternity Sword -
- aseliaGDchg 0.9 (Asterisk Resistance) - .gd archive unpacker
- Aselia-tools.7z - Some basic tools (incomplete)
Gekkou no Carnevale
- carnevore.py - Archive handling tool in Python
Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO
- Yuno_mestools.zip - script file dumping/rebuilding tools (Python 3.x - for Windows ver. of game)
- Yuno_arctools.zip - archive file unpacking/repacking tools (Python 3.x - for Windows ver. of game)
- Yuno_gp8tools.zip - GP8/BMP image conversion tools (Python 3.x - for Windows ver. of game)
- Aquaplus sources.iso.rar.exe - Source code (GPL)
AliceSoft System 3.x
- System 3.x Decompiler, compiler and decompiler for System 3.x games, for System 3.5 to 3.9.
- System 3 Script Thing, Script Tool for getting text in and out of ADV files. Use this with the decompiler to assist with translating a game.
AliceSoft System 4.x
- ACXtoTXT.zip - Tool to convert ACX Tables to TXT files, for AliceSoft System 4.x games.
- Alicesoft text editing.7z - Tool to extract and reinsert text for AliceSoft System 4.x games. (currently has some issues)
- AIN Decompiler, disassembler, and assembler for AliceSoft System 4.x games (Alternative Link)
- ALD Explorer, tool to export or replace images and sounds inside of System 3.x and System 4.x ALD files.
- EX File Explorer, Importer/Exporter for .EX files in newer AliceSoft games.
- Complets_tools_and_asm_patches.7z - Script Insertion and Extraction tools for Complets's games, also includes ASM hacks to make the games support ASCII text.
Note: These tools are geared toward v1.69 of the engine. Not sure if they'll work on any other versions.
- File:Bgi script tools.zip - BGI/Ethornell script dumper/inserter (Python 3.x)
- File:Bgi bp tools.zip - BGI/Ethornell ._bp file dumper/inserter (Python 3.x)
- File:Bgi asdis.zip - BGI/Ethornell assembler/disassembler for script and ._bp files (Python 3.x). If you only care about translating text strings, use the dumper/inserter tools above. Use these if you actually want to modify code.
- Script extractor/replacer for EAGLS SYSTEM games that use .PAK and .IDX files, such as 炎の孕ませおっぱい身体測定 (HSHINTAI).
SofthouseChara (Wizard's Climber)
- Script and image extractor/replacer for Wizard's Climber and Suzukuri Dragon.
- EXE Hacks for Suzukuri Dragon to use a text replacement engine.
HoneyBee (Starry Sky After Spring)
- Script extractor/replacer for Starry Sky after spring.
- Script extractor/replacer for Loverable.
YU-RIS Script Engine (Ozmafia)
- Script extractor/replacer for Ozmafia.
AXL (Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate)
- modified mwdumper.jar (sourcecode patch to MWDumper) - Java program that can split the results of a MediaWiki export (such as for this) into individual file components. Usage from a command prompt is:
java -jar mwdumper.jar my_dump_file.xml
- provided that the Java Runtime Environment is present in the
- tlwiki-upload.zip - Python 3 script that uses the Mediawiki API to upload text and images en masse. Upload of archives and the like are not implemented just yet.
- Usable filenames are limited to ANSI and the Windows system language - ie: ANSI + hangul if you're running a Korean version of Windows. Linux is cool and doesn't give a shit.
- Usage: Open config.ini, configure settings, and then drag and drop your files by the hundreds. Please request bot status from an admin before using. Username is case sensitive!
- tlwiki_toolbar-bk201.xpi - Wikipedia Toolbar for Firefox modified and reskinned to fix some url mismatches and add custom shiznit. Forked from wikipedia_toolbar-0.5.9-fx.xpi, released under the WTFPL.
- t_uploader.php - A PHP script that also dump directories. Kind of.
- sgrab - Windows-only commandline program to dump TLWiki pages as .txt. See page for documentation.
- encodinger.py - Python 3 script to convert file encodings both singularly and in bulk.
- wordwrap.py - Windows-only wordwrapping library; allows proportional fonts and/or inline of [delimited http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delimiter] opcodes or function calls. Python 3 only, but easily portable to Python 2.
You might as well check out the Tools page before looking at this chart.
|Engine||Script dump||Reinserter||Workable dump||Reinserter||Built-in resources||Text layout||Run on EN locale||Formats||Link|
|Air (SE)|| RealLive
but internal encoding is SJIS
|Baldr Force EXE||GIGA's||○?||○?|| ○?
|BaldrTools.rar (Win32 bin only)|
|CARNIVAL||?||△||×||×?||×||?||?||?||.pd||basic script dumper|
|Gekkou no Carnevale|| custom
("Nitro+ Script System")
can't do everything
Proportional, word-wrap is buggy
but internal encoding is SJIS
|Nitro+ .pak, .nps||carnevore (archive handling)|
|ToHeart2 XRATED||Leaf .a/.p (Open source)||○||△?||?||○?||?||?||?||.a/.p||Engine src|
|Nursery Rhyme||Buriko General Interpreter ver. 1.64 ( build : 398.3 )|| ○
but internal encoding is SJIS
|Symphonic Rain|| Fortell
|○ ||○ || ○
|○||○||△||×||Kogado .pak, .kgo||Kogado tools|
- Development tools for the RealLive engine up to < 184.108.40.206 are RLdev 1.40. Included programs are unpacker and de/compiler for both SEEN scenarios and .g00 graphic file format. The text layout part is handled by a RealLive plugin, also developed by Haeleth, called rlBabel. Its success depends loosely on the version of the RL engine of the game. See also . On a side note, rlBabel is also only effective on RealLive versions < 220.127.116.11, VisualArt's having changed their external DLL loading system in 18.104.22.168 and above. IE Little Busters.
- Uses the Script Table templates.
Ethornell is the code name for the 1.x series of the Buriko game engine, Buriko General Interpreter. It is used in Lump of Sugar's 「Nursery Rhyme -ナーサリィ☆ライム-」「いつか、届く、あの空に。」, CLOVER's 「さよらなエトランジュ」「プラチナウインド～星の詩が聞こえたら～」「ている・ている」, ZIP OHP's 「Purism×Egoist」, AUGUST's「夜明け前より瑠璃色な」and 枕's 「H2O ～FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND～」 and others too.
- Update: Previously linked script dumper confirmed *NOT* to work on Nursery Rhyme (was for Itsusora). Completely different scenario format.
- experimental UTF-8 support
- Supports the Script Table templates without modification, provided internal tool encoding is set to UTF-8. Use the &action=raw to download a page, e.g.
- Some BGs and CGs are compressed with an unsupported method inside the EVbg.pak and EVcg.pak archives. The localizable bitmaps are located in the SR.pak archive, which is supported.
- Borland-style localization, requires registry tweak
- Experimental proportional font support, necessary to hack layout
- Requires Japanese locale (and Ja. regional options if unpatched), to be tested