What "Adolescence" do you have?
- Do you remember "Childhood"?
- The irreplaceable one existed there.
Little Busters! 6.0 Release Notes
The past few weeks after translation "finished" have been incredibly busy thanks to testing, debugging and general fixing, but finally...
Team fluffy is delighted to announce the release of the Little Busters! complete translation patch.
Four and a half years after the original game was released, three and a half years after the translation project started, and two years after our 50%, A.K.A. common route patch, this product of our labor allows you, the player, to experience the game in full, from beginning to end, non-stop, in English.
This patch contains every character route, every minigame and everything else translated. It also includes our recommended set of fonts.
No machine translation was hurt during production.
We apologise in advance in case this disturbs your family's holidays.
The only thing still missing from this patch is word wrap, which is definitely on the to-do list, but for which we have no date.
If you have problems with the subtitles, you probably do not have DirectVobSub/VSFilter installed. Take a look at xy-vsfilter to remedy.
We have also provided a hardsubbed OP movie (courtesy of Ulrezaj) for the benefit of those who can't get the softsubs working or have them display with ugly fonts.
Installation: Move the files to the MOV folder, remove op00.ass and replace op00.mpg. These replacement OPs are h.264/AAC/MKVs. If they do not play, you may be missing a system h.264 decoder.
The Next Mission Is...
At the last release, we teased you with the idea of patches for the other two versions of Little Busters! available on the PC.
With this release, we are happy to announce that we are officially moving on to translating the Ecstasy and Memorial Editions (after the translators have had their well-earned rest). To mark this occasion, we have prepared patches for both versions.
These patches are meant to allow you to play the original Little Busters! on an EX/ME copy with the least amount of issues we could manage. They are not, per se, EX/ME translation patches. This means the following:
In order not to delay the release of the main patch, we skipped some of the polish from the EX/ME script. We have tried to make these as enjoyable as possible with the translated material presently available. Thus some of the more critical new lines amidst the otherwise translated scripts have already been translated, but not all of them.
- These extra patches give EX/ME working minigames, but in return they have a certain amount of untranslated lines here and there, for systemic reasons.
- There are also known issues that would've been too much work to fix for this release - the biggest one is one where lines with the same Japanese text receive the same translation everywhere in the script. This causes some errors in minigames, but also makes some lines appear rather weird at places in the script.
- You will not find new content in the routes with this patch, because that is the greater part of the problem itself. Instead you will get THE original Little Busters! routes in all their glory. All new content beyond that will have to wait for its appropriate releases.
- Muscle Sensation doesn't work in this patch. Sorry, there's just no way around this until we get around to properly re-translating the Kud route.
Little Busters! Ecstasy First Press Limited Edition owners do not need to install the Little Busters! EX 1.01 patch to use our translation.
On behalf of the entire staff, past and present, we hope you'll enjoy the the game half as much as we have and still do, and we hope to see you at #[email protected]
Special thanks go to all the people who have struck with the project over the years and helped test the unfinished patches along the way. Little Busters are forever!
As always, if you find something that's not right, please report them on the error reports page. You can report errors in the EX/ME builds on the EXME:error reports page, but please make sure to read the known issues first.
- Original Little Busters! Finished. 100%. Complete. 終わり.
- What route are you planning to release next?
- There are rumors that Dorj route is in the works.
- Are you translating Ecstasy/Memorial box version?
- That's the plan.
- Does your patch work with Ecstasy?
- Grab the EX version.
- Do the newer versions overwrite the old ones without problems?
- There can be various problems with your save files. Although generally your game state (e.g. CGs, route completion) is safe, this is not guaranteed.
- I'd like to help. Can I join the group?
- We're not actively looking for new anythings, but there is always something to be done (however small).
- Is the project still alive?
- Yes. What gave you any idea that we weren't?
- When will the next patch come out?
- One day you'll wake up and BAM! TRANSLATION! ...That's how it usually goes.
If you have a query, please see the following people or entities.
- Project lead: applehq
- Translation: Silent, dango, ClaymoreSmiley
- Script Editing: Phlebas, Richard_23
- Proofreading: Rive, PieFormation, All of the Goats
- Image Editing: EchoMateria
- Release Engineering: applehq
- Rldev Hacking: Richard_23 aka. the Great Guru
- Scripts and Scripting: Yorhel, applehq, Richard_23
- Director of Bad Puns and Slaughtered Jokes: Phlebas
- External Hosting: Yorhel, applehq
Random observations and technical snippets on Little Busters, RealLive, RLDev, RLBabel and madness compiled by R23 with an editorial assist by the mad Arab Abdul Alhazred. Includes some preliminary introspection into SiglusEngine, the presumed successor to RealLive, introduced in 2010 by VisualArt's.
- Error Reports (with bonus #fluffs)
User reported errors, flubs and annoyances in #fluffy's Little Busters fan translation for the original version. You can report errors in the EX/ME builds on the EXME:error reports page, but please make sure to read the known issues first.
English walkthrough for the original version of Little Busters! Discover the secrets of the world.
- Game is available from:
- Please be advised when buying that the patch currently still won't fully work with the Ecstasy (エクスタシー) version.
- JList (English, Worldwide)
- AmiAmi (English, worldwide)
- Amazon JP (English, see this guide how to buy from Japan exclusive sites.)
- Yahoo Auction JP search (Japanese, see this guide how to buy from Japan exclusive sites.)
- Other relevant links:
- You can follow our progress in minute detail on Twitter.