- 1 EX Translation Progress
- 2 Release Questions
- 3 Project Completed?
- 4 ME vs. EX
- 5 1,000,000 hits soon!
- 6 6.0 Most H-Scenes don't show up
- 7 Say It's A Joke Guys!
- 8 big, I mean BIG news guys!!!!
- 9 Skipping already read text
- 10 Batting Practice
- 11 So True
- 12 Script
- 13 Tutorial on how to download
- 14 KEY's 10th Anniversary Box
- 15 EX/ME patches
- 16 Walkthrough
- 17 Message to Phlebas
- 18 Kud Wafter
- 19 Progress (Don't worry, that not about a "When"...)
- 20 Mac/Linux Instructions
- 21 How to state-of-the-game save?
- 22 Many Manga But No Anime
- 23 Patch 5.5
- 24 Installation error
- 25 Opening video
- 26 Refrain and Rin2?
- 27 EX Scenes
- 28 Recommended Fonts
- 29 Previously read text transfer to EX
- 30 Normal vs Ex?
- 31 'Known issues' explanation
- 32 Donate?
- 33 Little Busters OST lacking some songs
- 34 Does Rin's Story Not Got Further?
- 35 What will happen to the PC EX version?
- 36 H-Scenes in Current Patch?
- 37 Question about H-Scenes
- 38 Word Wrap - version info?
- 39 Little Busters! Converted Edition PS Vita extra CG & sprites?
- 40 just a couple of questions
- 41 Little Busters! Perfect Edition - TV Anime Commemorative Edition
- 42 Merging
- 43 Little Busters in another Language.
- 44 Demo version patch
- 45 Can i join in the project LB ?
EX Translation Progress
Use https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0Am1pV7ssY0D7dExyd3NxUTNGNUFHRWNLZjV3em8xbEE#gid=0 to track the translation progress.
At the moment we're leaning on releasing all routes in a single patch, or maybe Saya's route separately if its translation hasn't gotten far by the time other scripts have been translated. --Rive (talk) 04:55, 2 January 2013 (EST)
i imagine you grow tired of being questioned if EX releases will have H-scenes or not included, though this is part of my question i actually don't care about that much. I was curious, when releasing Ex patches, will you split releases (making a all ages and Adult only, or will it simply be one release with which ever you go with?). I care little for H-content, partly because i care more for story, partly because key suck at eroge, but mainly because i played them all anyway and only Kud and Rin's felt rightly done (not bad for key seeming non normally feel good). Anyway thats my main question, will releases be done in two or just with one? (My little brother who is 14 plays so i would avoid giving him ex with adult content... ye im sure he's seen it all but still, i had to wait at that age, so should he xD). Also i have read alot about the whole thing with Ex extra routes and getting them to unlock correctly (after beating Refrain, WITHOUT clicking you know the secrets to the world on game opening), i was wondering if this is still a issue? If so, and when we do recieve Ex patches would we able to backup our save folder then restore it and it still work, or would this just not work? (i done all routes up to the new ones in Ex and also just done Saya's so wouldnt wish to loose them if possible xD). I thank thats all for now, Thanks for any replies however ^^ --Madoka 22:06, 1 August 2012 (EDT)
can you make revert patch (untranslated) for EX i mean original file LB EX that patch overwrited it --Hyperionx7 23:02, 5 September 2012 (EDT)
The Memorial edition is the all ages version. They already have a EX/Memorial patch, so I don't see why they would just suddenly not support the Memorial edition for the actual translation patch. There's only going a EX patch with sex scenes, and a Memorial patch without them. To make some kind of crazy patch that removes the h scenes from the EX game is pointless and redundant. -- Anonymous
So in the EX Version, you don't have plans to translate and/or put it back the H-scenes on the original routes? It totally bothers me that I finished a route yet I didn't encounter a H-scene. :(
- See both of the H-scene answers at http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Talk:Little_Busters!#H-Scenes_in_Current_Patch.3F. --Rive 04:49, 23 July 2012 (EDT)
- Yeah I already know that. I'm asking if you're going to work the H-scenes for the original paths(Rin and the others) in the next patch together with the untranslated EX paths since it's said that LB is complete.
- We haven't made that decision yet. --Rive 13:41, 23 July 2012 (EDT)
- Okay. I hope you guys still have plans for it. I feel EX version without the translation of EX paths + the H-scenes of original and EX paths will be a waste for those people like me who have it >_> . I'll just pray...
- Ok, I think I messed up my answer. We definitely plan to bring the old routes up-to-date, but we haven't decided if that will happen for the next patch should we release EX routes individually. --Rive 08:38, 24 July 2012 (EDT)
ME vs. EX
I have both, but I was wondering which one would have more of an emotional impact with the added content. Sometimes H can ruin some VN's, while other times it can really cement emotions and create new feelings among characters and such. I'm just asking for opinions, since I've been a fan of Key's emotional impact and opposed to some of their H-content, not a story explanation (no spoilers!). Mint 4:45, 21 July 2012 (EDT)
- Key is relatively well known for their awful ero. Nuff said. --Phlebas 07:23, 22 July 2012 (EDT)
1,000,000 hits soon!
I just noticed that the front page is getting close to a million hits. Congrats guys! This is a great indicator of how good your work is and how much so many people care about it. Rein 13:49, 6 June 2012 (EDT)
- We're still orders of magnitude lower than the most popular page. Come on people! :P --applehq 07:09, 11 June 2012 (EDT)
- Hey guys, any news about the Little Busters! Ecstasy translation patch? thanks! =) gabyMdolla 11:43, 06 July 2012 (EDT)
6.0 Most H-Scenes don't show up
I ran through Komari's route bad end, no sex scene, loaded friends save999 file. looked at scene recollection, 80% of them lead to wrong scenes, loaded save999 without patch, save999 works only if 6.0 isn't patched. and if no fix, is there a link to older versions of the patches. -- zeniey 23:23, 20 April 2012 (GMT)
- This behaviour is intentional. As stated on the front page, we forced EX (and ME) to not show any new content. This broke a lot of things, including this.
- This was the first EX patch. (Future and, if not) the final patch will have these problems resolved. --applehq 02:02, 21 April 2012 (CDT)
- Will you allow users to download an older version so they may see new content even if it is incomplete or buggy? Such as 5.5 or 5.9? --zeniey 9:48, 21 April 2012 (GMT)
- We can't stop you from downloading the old versions (they should still be on the download server), but I'm not planning on rolling new patches for old content with new content. --applehq 14:19, 21 April 2012 (CDT)
- Can someone give me a link to the old patch of EX?? I already completed almost all off the EX but I can't seem to find the Kurugaya , Rin and Komari's scene too. --Hpacleb 07:04, 17 June 2012 (EDT)
Say It's A Joke Guys!
Are you guys going to skip LB! EX version patch? and moved to PS Vita version patch? Please don't kill my eagerness for waiting the FULL LB! EX patch. --KiraiAizuren 10:53, 20 April 2012 (CST)
- It's a joke (guys). --Rive 19:04, 20 April 2012 (CDT)
- I can sense a sarcasm here. :/ --KiraiAizuren 9:57, 21 April 2012 (CDT)
- No. The announcement really was a joke. It was posted 7 minutes past midnight on April 1st (April Fool's Day). It was edited the next day to put the words "(April Fool's)" in the title. We are NOT doing nor planning to work on the Little Busters! Converted Editions any time soon. --applehq 05:22, 21 April 2012 (CDT)
- Okay, i can accept that. Don't startle us with that kind/level of jokes. Seriously guys, we can die in shock with that jokes. So, it's okay, anyways how the translation progress? --KiraiAizuren 4:58, 23 April 2012 (CDT)
big, I mean BIG news guys!!!!
The moment Little Busters! fans have been waiting for... Little Busters! finally gets an anime adaptation!!!
I mentioned this a week or two ago and no one commented, which made me sad, so now I'm commenting on yours so you don't feel so alone :P Unfortunately it wasn't picked up by KyoAni so there are some mixed feelings about its prospects... I'm keeping my hopes high though. --Rein 19:11, 9 April 2012 (CDT)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjBtr4VSPU0&feature=player_embedded Rein (talk) 11:25, 31 July 2012 (EDT)
Skipping already read text
Is it possible? I already know the button to skip all words (ctrl) but haven't found an option for skipping that stops when finding unread text. --Empty 04:35, 28 December 2011 (CST)
The button in the interface skips until next unread. I don't recommend ever using ctrl to skip, unless you're sure what you're doing, or you can miss a lot. --Phlebas 18:24, 30 December 2011 (CST)
After clearing Komari's route, it seems that everything is being skipped, even Rin-specific scenes. I have to use the Ctrl skip intermittently because just using the "Skip Already Read Text" option will actually attempt to skip EVERYTHING. --SakuyaP 21:45, 5 November 2011 (PST)
Anyone have any tips?
I have trouble controlling where I hit the ball. To the left is easy. To the front is hard. And to the right is almost impossible. --Empty 16:56, 22 December 2011 (CST)
- This could be entirely wrong, but... There's a small time frame in which you can hit the ball. The earlier you hit the ball, the more left it will fly. So if you want to send it flying to the right, try to delay your swing a bit. --Rive 06:43, 24 December 2011 (CST)
- When will the next patch come out?
- One day you'll wake up and BAM! TRANSLATION! ...That's how it usually goes.
Woke up from a nap, looked up TLWiki, the patch was there. Bam! True Story.
BTW, after the team's hard earned break when can we start reporting bugs and errors for ME/EX? I'm making a log atm of bugs, errors, crashes, etc. during my play through for ME (nothing that hasn't been reported already has shown up yet so you guys did an awesome job and your supporters are doing great :3). I was wondering when an error log page will appear so we can start posting.
Another thing, will the same issue of unusable saves occur after we install any future patches for EX/ME?
One more thing. When I try loading the irc chat with #fluffy I stall then all of a sudden d/c. Could someone help me find a solution to fix this problem? Thanks!
Btw Rive, I'm BakaNeko :3.
I love you guys! #fluffy 4EVAR!!!! Mint 17:30, 19 December 2011 (CST)
- Heya! The page for EX/ME error reports is up now, you can find the link at the main page.
- The EX/ME builds are a lot more "work-in-progress" than the original version's releases ever were, so the saves not working is very likely. There are many state-of-game effects too, such as post-Refrain routes not opening and music mode not correctly unlocking all the tracks. These stem from using the original version's scripts for the character routes (to prevent excessive untranslated lines), and the EX/ME and original scripts not triggering everything the same way.
- Unfortunately not an IRC expert at all, google can help you in so many more ways than I could. :3 --Rive 06:49, 24 December 2011 (CST)
The script extracted up to SEEN7010 is available here: http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=9988&page=2
Many of the higher number SEENs do not extract correctly with RLdev (evenafter the encryption problem was resolved)most of the 7### and 8### SEENs are empty except for a few that contain miscellaneous text. SEEN 7921 is battle dialogue and SEENs 8590 and 8610 are item names. I can post these if you'd like but the story is all in the above rar. I gave up at SEEN 8695 after growing tired of rerunning RLdev everytime it hit a SEEN it could not extract (there are a lot of them)
I will register someday but since my Japanese is too poor to translate... 184.108.40.206 04:49, 12 May 2008 (UTC)
I have no experience with reversing formats in general, and rldev is written in OCaml.
I wanted to see the script for myself, possibly even edit it if I could, but when I clicked the above link, I found both links in that thread to be dead. Since I couldn't find it anywhere else, I tried to extract the script myself. I almost gave up looking for a way to do it after realizing that I would probably have to compile a RLdev binary for Windows, something I did not have the patience to set up on my eight-year-old dinosaur of a PC.
Then I found a thread suggesting that Crass  could extract the individual SEEN files from the main SEEN.txt. I tried it with the SEEN.txt in my EX 6.0-patched install and got a 23 MB SEEN folder with 351 SEEN text files (Seen0513.txt to Seen9700.txt). I then opened Seen0513.txt in Notepad to find a bunch of formatting symbols (presumably--I have very little experience in programming) that I did not recognize. In the mess, however, I also saw actual text! I recognized all of the story dialogue from May 13 in that file! I'm not sure if I got all of the SEEN files or if they extracted properly, but at least I was able to see text.
To summarize, you can use Crass to extract the SEEN files from SEEN.txt. You should end up with a "SEEN" folder containing 351 (for EX) txt files that you can scroll through and see the individual scripts.
As for editing and repacking them? Crass unpacks, but it doesn't repack. Assuming that I can even save dialogue edits to the SEEN files without consequence, could RLdev repack them? I can't test that myself for another two months until I can get a new PC. Aside from that, I haven't a single clue whatsoever. Any insight anyone can give in this matter is very much appreicated. CardsOfTheHeart 01:26, 13 January 2013 (CST)
Tutorial on how to download
I'm kinda new at translated VNs, so how do I download the previous patches? Do they come with patch 3.1 or do I have to download them all one by one?
- The newest patch also contains all previously translated text, with typo/grammar fixes even. There's no need to download older patches; the latest patch will translate all of common route, Rin1 route, Kurugaya route and Komari route. VDZ 08:44, 26 November 2010 (CST)
- Awesome. Thanks
KEY's 10th Anniversary Box
So in KEY's 10th anniversary box they will have all the KEY games without hentai Cgs, So they will include Little Busters! Ecstacy without the hentai CGs... Will you consider working on that?
- I can't speak for #fluffy as a whole, but the entire #fluffy team salutes the creative folks at Key on a solid decade of genre defining bishojou that hits not only the heart but also the pocketbook and keeps us coming back for more. It's kinda scary to think about, but can you imagine what the world would be like if not for Maeda Jun and Key. It's simply not possible! Sorry if I scared you a bit. If not for Key Sounds Label I probably wouldn't even have a stereo. Like a broken pencil, there would be no point.
- As for ruling out what we would consider, you're barking up the wrong tree. I can personally attest that there isn't anything that wouldn't or hasn't been considered at #fluffy. We're not that kind of people. While we are all 100% focused on the task at hand, we would certainly not turn away your donation to the cause. The sooner you are able to ship those game discs to us, the sooner we'll be able to craft the patch to fit your needs.
- But H-games without the H? That would be like porn without the midgets, wouldn't it? I guess it takes all kinds, but who's lining up for that? Well, in the meantime if there's any demand for it, I'll see what I can do about putting together an LB EX patch without the words. That's how a VISUAL Novel should be. Thanks for your feedback and encouragement. --Richard 23 12:57, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
- I believe what the original poster meant was that KEY had just released LB EX without all the h-scenes in it, so the new version is rated 15+/Everyone. Probably something along the lines of an extended version of LB. It'd be interesting if that was translated (as the extra routes are intriguing (sp?), for some reason).--MuzikalNotes 02:31, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
So you removed those line which announced there will be a patch for Ex/ME. So after all, before Christmas, will a patch for them be released? -Bonaquack- December 19th 2010
- The lines about EX/ME were removed because they were incorrect.
- Our patches do not work with those versions, are not designed to work with those versions and we do not recommend using them with those versions.
- -applehq 22:15, 18 December 2010 (CST)
- Both of the patches are out now, we just waited a year! --Rive 06:49, 24 December 2011 (CST)
Can I ask another question. Are you willing to release a walkthrough for all translated patch? --Bonaquack December 19th, 2010
- That's the plan. I'll be pretty busy starting next year, so the updates could be slow. --Rive 06:49, 24 December 2011 (CST)
Message to Phlebas
Dear Phelebas, I wanted to know if the common route plus the Rin 1 route are 50% of the game even if the rin route does end quick does the common route really just end at May 27, I'm asking this because I've gotten to May 28 and this part is not translated is this part of the common route or is it another route? Wolve256
- Some routes take you to 28th, which is translated but wasn't included in the patch since it wasn't relevant for Rin route (but rather meant you missed it). The patch is about 50% of the game yes. --Phlebas 18:25, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the reply I also wanted to ask how many routes are their and can you tell me their names? Wolve256
- Depends on how you count. Sorry, don't see the point going into details about that. There are something like 8 main routes I guess. --Phlebas 00:55, 22 February 2010 (UTC)
Will you guys also be planning on working on this after you've finished Little Busters!?:
- It's still too early to say anything definite, so, the answer is 'maybe'. But if anyone wants to translate the game when it comes out -- go ahead (not like I or anybody else could prevent you from doing so). Silent 18:29, 25 April 2010 (UTC)
I am considering working on Kud Wafter. Do you plan to release your build of RLdev? (I've played through KW but I don't have a script dump and have no talent at hacking) Thanks Jyuichi 00:40, 23 April 2012 (CDT)
- We already have. See here (here, these and here).
- It does not have support for KW as-is, but adding it should only take a small amount of work. Any problems, ask away.
- --applehq 02:45, 23 April 2012 (CDT)
Progress (Don't worry, that not about a "When"...)
Sorry if I bother someone, but I found anyone in the IRC.
From what I can see, each route is 10% of the game. Since they have only three route left, that mean that the game will be complete after their translation/edition. Does that mean that Refrain is already translate?
(Sorry about my English,that not my first language) --Nova150 21:12, 19 October 2010 (CDT)
- Removed small spoiler. Routes are around 6-8% of the game. --Phlebas 04:23, 20 October 2010 (CDT)
- New question, but why is Refrain not listed as a route?
- Maybe the choice you selected in the Refrain don't change the endings? If I'm not wrong, you're always have to choose the right choice even selecting the wrong ones. --KiraiAizuren 5:05 23 April 2012 (CDT)
I wrote instructions for how to install the game on a Mac/Linux machine, could you link it? http://macaronicode.se/blog/2010/08/17/running-visual-novels-on-a-mac/ Uppfinnarn 05:33, 17 February 2011 (CST) Is patch 5.5 include Rin2 & Refrain?
How to state-of-the-game save?
How do you state-of-the-game save so my progress is not gone with the update
- It's saved automatically, and your progress generally doesn't disappear after updates anyways. What "state-of-the-game" saves refer to is what the Skip-button reads, allowing you to skip lines you've already read. This means that if your save files no longer work (again, which they generally do, but anyways), you can fast-forward back to where you were. Also, please add "~~~~" after your message to sign correctly Uppfinnarn 11:54, 4 March 2011 (CST)
Many Manga But No Anime
I saw many mangas listed for this series but no anime adaptation of the visual novel yet eh? :( Tyciol 18:54, 30 July 2011 (CDT)
- No, KEY was (is?) still trying to work something out with Kyoto Animation. Of course with Kyoto Animation's "one series" policy, they animation company won't start on KEY's series until they get their current list done, one at a time...
- On another note, KEY refuses to have another animation company work on an adaptation of our beloved VN. They make all these excuses saying that for logistical reasons they can't settle with another company, but in reality it's just stubborn pride or maybe a really bad case of OCD.
- Sorry hun, you'll have to wait for a maybe never for adaption, unless ofc, some recent news pops out that I'm not aware of which announces the official release date of an animation. Mint 18:11, 19 December 2011 (EST)
Good News Everyone! They just announced that there is going to be a Little Busters anime! Here's hoping for Clannad level quality :D http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-03-25/key-little-busters-visual-novel-gets-tv-anime Rein 09:28, 26 March 2012 (CDT)
Does this patch include Rin2 + Refrain? Chaos 02:35, 31 July 2011 (CDT)
- Patch 5.5 does not contain translated Rin2 or Refrain. --applehq 03:50, 31 July 2011 (CDT)
- I'm a bit confused... what exactly is the difference between patch 5.5 and 5.1 for the standard game? JSD324 07:23, 1 August 2011 (CDT)
- We fixed the untranslated line at the beginning of battle scenes. --applehq 01:49, 4 August 2011 (CDT)
Hopefully people still see this. Anyways I'm having a bit of trouble installing the english patch. Apparently it says I need to choose a directory but I do choose it. It keeps popping up when I try to click next. http://puu.sh/4UUo Bad Apple 01:09, 29 August 2011 (CDT)
- That screenshot shows the default path, so if you installed the game in a different place (e.g. a different drive), ensure the correct one is selected.
- You must install the game with the Japanese locale (I don't think this is the problem, since the installer looks fine). If you're running a system wide Japanese locale, check that the folder name (in Explorer) is Japanese too.
- If you're using AppLocale (for the game installer and our patch, but nothing else), it should be gibberish (I think).
- I also don't suggest renaming the folder until our patch is installed (I don't know if you did that).
- If you're still having problems, post again here, or chat with us on IRC (#[email protected]). --applehq 03:14, 29 August 2011 (CDT)
- I seem to have the same problem but with the Ecstasy version of the patch do you think you can upload the files to a rar archive so I can just move the files into the folder. Wolve256 1:27, 21 December 2012 (CDT)
I'm not sure if it is an error of the player I use (and i don't know how to make it work anyway if this is the cause) but everytime I start a new game or simply pass for the Opening the audio just doesn't start. Anyone know what can cause this? --Valefor 09:15, 7 September 2011 (CDT)
- Probably some kind of codec error... try uninstalling obscure codec packs and installing CCCP, or something. --Phlebas 11:18, 14 December 2011 (CST)
- im haveing a problem trying the get the opening to play normally (1st post here) but each time i try to view the opening the video is upside down and is viewed backwards. - animeftw999
- Are you trying to watch the original OP with softsubs? If you are, try the hardsubbed OP (dl on main page). If not, vice versa. Clearly some kinda codec issue. --Phlebas 16:50, 25 December 2011 (CST)
- im haveing a problem trying the get the opening to play normally (1st post here) but each time i try to view the opening the video is upside down and is viewed backwards. - animeftw999
Refrain and Rin2?
Translations not out yet right? --Mint 09:50, 6 December 2011 (EST)
- There are... lots of translations... that are... out? --Phlebas 11:40, 14 December 2011 (CST)
- They're not out yet. But! They will be one day! --Rive
- That day being today. BEST. GODDAMN. CHRISTMAS. PRESENT. EVER. --Sporked 18:25, 18 December 2011 (GMT)
I was just wondering about the EX content. (Hentai Scenes) I've heard around that you guys will totally get rid of those scenes in the final patch. Is that true? --Bunny khurana 12:40, 23 December 2011 (CST)
- This patch removed all EX/ME's new content from the character routes (which is where the H-scenes are) because the untranslated lines were making the routes annoying to read. There's no decision on what we'll do with the H-scenes for the future releases. --Rive 06:49, 24 December 2011 (CST)
Hi everybody, sorry for asking a question here instead of the IRC (no one was online) but I had a question about the recommended fonts that are supposedly included in the 6.0 patch? Where are they, and how do you use them? Using a fresh install of LB!, it comes up with the box that lets you choose a font, but I don't know which one is the one included in the actual patch. Help?
--Dal 00:52, 3 January 2012 (CST)
- We included only one font for game play, Osaka Mono.
- The other fonts are the Callibri set and Delicious Heavy, which are used in the OP. --applehq 01:38, 3 January 2012 (CST)
- Okay, understood. Thank you! --Dal 00:48, 4 January 2012 (CST)
Previously read text transfer to EX
Hello, I was just wondering if there is a way to transfer the record of all your previously viewed text from LB to EX? It would be really helpful for not missing any newly-added lines but also not having to read through the whole game again. --Rein 21:45, 22 January 2012 (CST)
- As far as we know, there is no method for transferring your read text. Why don't you want to read the whole game again? It's really fun! --applehq 09:37, 23 January 2012 (CST)
- I know it is, but after 3 long years I JUST finished LB yesterday so I don't really want to go through all of it again. Worst case scenario I just wait until they've finished translating EX (btw great job with LB guys, all your hard work really paid off) and then go through it all again. --Rein 12:17, 23 January 2012 (CST)
Normal vs Ex?
Hi i am about to order a copy of little busters and dont know which version to purchase(normal or EX), i know your patch works for each version (i think) with exception to a few mini games/scenes in EX (from what i gathered anyways) but if possible could you explain the differances between the two versions and recommend which one i should purchase? Also if EX has more content (besides the mini games) will you likely be translating them for EX users or not? (dont know if it has extra scenes or not.) Oh also if im not mistaken Ecstasy version (i think thats what ex stands for) is the adult 18+ of the game, if this is true you will keep H-scenes or cut them? Thanksyou for reading and for translating the visual novel (your the best!!!!) --The preceding unsigned comment was added by Madoka 07:14, 23 January 2012
- All 6.0 releases are pretty much identical; they will turn your game into something resembling the original. As long as you pick the right version, minigames work in 6.0.
- We took the decision to not include the new content for EX and ME for this release, as it is very distracting when you have large swaythes of untranslated text amidst sporadic translated lines. We'll unlock more as we translate.
- Do bear in mind that there is one route that cannot be accessed from EX/ME in 6.0. It will be playable in the future.
- EX is the only one that contains 18+ H-scenes, otherwise it contains content (pretty much) identical to ME. The original has the least content. --applehq 09:57, 23 January 2012 (CST)
- You should buy EX regardless of your stance on h-scenes (or get ME, which is EX minus h-scenes, but might be hard to find for a decent price). There are three new routes and other additions on top of the content that's in the normal edition. At the moment our patch for normal release has better quality than the EX/ME one in terms of minigame scripts and some untranslated lines, but this will be corrected as our project moves along. --Rive 13:33, 23 January 2012 (CST)
- Ok thankyou very much, i will order EX version then, but will my save from the normal version work on EX if i was to copy them over? (playing normal at the current time as it takes around 3-4weeks for game from japan to arrive) or would it not be compatible? Also with Ex going on what Applehq said and the main page if you have Ex it will be the same as the normal game with the patch? (it locks away untranslated stuff) or are they still playable? (i dont use walkthrough's so wouldnt wanna stumble on one the untranslated routes hehe). And last of, will the H-scenes likely be translated or not or are you unsure (as i said i dont mind either way, they add to the game if there in it but you dont loose anything otherwise either) Thanks and sorry to be a pain (hope im posting right as i never used this wiki before) --Madoka 22:21, 23 January 2012 (CST)
'Known issues' explanation
part 4 in known issues says - Muscle Sensation doesn't work in this patch. Sorry, there's just no way around this until we get around to properly re-translating the Kud route. Little Busters! Ecstasy First Press Limited Edition owners do not need to install the Little Busters! EX 1.01 patch to use our translation. - what is muscle sensation? is it a inside joke?(or is it somethig proper? and if its real does it apply to ex or normal). allso is there a problem with kuds route translation? (it says it need re doing) as i just played kud through today and all semt fine. last one thing in ex do all 'origonal' routes work perfect as they current do in normal version? sorry my bad english and good patch work as always! --ShiningStar 23:20, 27 January 2012 (CST)
- Answering this question properly gives away too many spoilers (we've said too much already). Your interpretation is correct and everything you said is as it should be.
- We've encountered no problems nor have any been reported about the routes. --applehq 16:10, 13 February 2012 (CST)
Hi again. After starting little busters (done 2 routes) i really like your patch, is there any way to donate funds to help the team out who translate vn's? im hardly rich but even if there just little small donations every 2nd week i wouldnt mind giving something as a thanks, but im not all to used to using these wiki things so not sure if thats possible or not. If it is, how do i do this? --Madoka 07:44, 28 January 2012 (CST)
- Thank you for the offer! The sentiment alone is enough, honestly. We're not accepting monetary donations for this project as it would only complicate things. Why not save up and purchase the game instead (presuming you haven't already)? --Phlebas 09:29, 30 January 2012 (CST)
Little Busters OST lacking some songs
Hello! Finished playing another excellent visual novel from Key thanks to you guys. Can't wait for the Memorial Edition to be finished. In the meantime, I've acquired the OST's for both regular Little Busters and Ecstasy. The problem is they leave out some music, like the music that plays when you're playing with Masato, and the music that plays during Field Trip. Is there a way to obtain these pieces of music? And if this is the wrong place to ask this, please forgive me and direct me to the appropriate place. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given! --Rikichan 22:49, 1 February 2012 (CST)
Weather its usefull or not it is possible to get them, i for one really liked the dramatic music from the end on the field trip (also plays in the baseball game where its you and kengo vs kyouske + masato), sadly these tracks wasnt included in the soundtrack, (the track i just named is only 28 seconds but you can edit it to loop real easy in a few mins), anyways it requires quite some work but if you have anyway or place to upload to i can send them (they are large, about 20-35mb each so you need about 1GB free, but you can delete tracks you already have, example being things like exotic toybox and such), if you have anywhere you wish them hosting just say and i will see what i can do for you --Madoka 21:04, 2 March 2012 (CST)
Sorry for getting back so late. I gave up this post at the beginning of March (really bad call on my part obviously XD). From the post history, hours before you posted apparently...what the heck? Is fate toying with me !? Well, melodrama aside, that song (or quick loop, whichever you prefer to call it) is exactly what I wanted. I have a Mediafire account, and you can download stuff from others accounts without having to be a member. If you want to use Mediafire that would work. Or any upload site that I could download it from would be fine with me. Now the only question is: Will Madoka see my post?--Rikichan 23:03, 16 April 2012 (CDT)
Does Rin's Story Not Got Further?
Hi please dont read this as it has ending spoilers, only read if done. Does anyone know if the Rin/refrain ever went further in EX/ME edditions? i spent ages on the final scene with the whole bus thing (keeping spoliers limited if i can) and finally got the complete ending which changes the menue screen to the beach style, but Rin never got a proper ending, in her story its ending kinda bad, so in refrain her first ending by escaping the bus with her doesnt really give a 'good' feel to the ending but the complete end where all live isn't much to do with her good ending either, so i wondered if her end ever even got a proper full one? i hope it did seeming i loved her story the most and she totally deserved a real end dedicated to her and riki afater doing her arc, does any1 know answer to this? --ShiningStar 18:02, 1 March 2012 (CST)
You need to play through Refrain one more time. You can fast forward through the whole thing, but when you get to the hospital scene, there will be a new choice, "yes" or "no". This works in all three versions of the game. Have fun :)--Rikichan 11:16, 2 March 2012 (CST)
Its as Rikichan above said, when you replay Refrain chapter (i read through not skip as its fun but do which ever), in the end treat it the same, you MUST escape with Rin first of and during the hospital scene as Riki said the choice is added for 'Yes' or 'No' (when she says "is that some kind of proposal), choose 'yes' and then the rest plays the same, choose 'Its not enough' after the credits and rescuse everyone again (i would post the choices but it might be a spolier for some who wish to try it themselfs), During the CG of Rin sitting on the desk in the classroom you will have a small little romance styled scene with Rin (her sense of romance is ammusing xD) which also unlocks the final part to one the CG's you will be missing (of her on the desk). Happy playing and hope you enjoy the added scene, try replaying the game, normal playthrough add's part of Komari's book aswell as you can get the true end for Kuruguya now. Have fun, and love Rin to the end :) --Madoka 16:10, 2 March 2012 (CST)
What will happen to the PC EX version?
Hello! I was in the middle of playing Little Busters when I heard about the team's move to the PS Vita version. I'm really looking forward to the complete release of all the EX routes. I don't own a PS Vita and probably never will so I just wanted to ask if you guys will continue with the translation of the EX version, maybe after finishing the Vita's one ?(Forget this post if the announcement was just your 1/4 joke) --nkg114 Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 5:52:50 PM CST
- We'll forget this post. :-] --Rive 20:50, 1 April 2012 (CDT)
H-Scenes in Current Patch?
I'm currently playing threw my first route in the game, and playing the EX version. I was wondering if in the current patch the H-Scenes will show when they normally would, whether they are translated or not.
- Short answer: Original routes no, EX routes yes.
- Long answer: Key did a lot of new stuff / rewrites for the original character routes in EX/ME. Since we considered the prospect of the players having to go through the untranslated lines rather annoying, we decided to use the original version's scripts, which of course don't include h-scenes.
- The EX routes have their h-scenes intact, but getting to them is tricky because we also used the original version's scripts for Refrain, which would usually unlock the EX routes upon completion. The instruction for getting to the routes can be found here. --Rive 20:50, 1 April 2012 (CDT)
- Gotcha :O. Thanks for the swift reply. I was playing the Original versions and switched to EX but it seems I should of just stuck with original until newer patches came out. Oh well. You guys are doing a great job on all this regardless, I really appreciate it :D
Question about H-Scenes
Will the H scenes from the original routes and the new EX routes be translated in the future?
- Yes. --PieFormation 16:19, 2 April 2012 (CDT)
- My hips are moving on their own. --Rive 16:41, 2 April 2012 (CDT)
Word Wrap - version info?
First i wish to say thanks for the update, i visit your page daily (or try to) so i appreciate having this patch released (as word wrapping was something we all wanted to see). This might sound slightly dumb but how do we check which version we are currently use? i would look myself as it might sound dumb but im rather adept with computers but i wont be home much throughout the next 2 days and i had a quick glance earlier and saw little in lines of file info for version number, i will have a better look when i get time if not and honestly im 95% sure that i got the most up to date number but if nothing else its here for them who dont know. Anyway thankyou very much for the patch update - i appreciate your hard word :) --Madoka 09:48, 3 July 2012 (EDT)
- As far as I know there isn't an easy method of checking which version you're using. 6.0 is the Refrain patch that was released last December, so if you've installed that, you're good to go. --Rive 02:25, 4 July 2012 (EDT)
- Thankyou, that is all ok then :) --Madoka 04:03, 4 July 2012 (EDT)
Little Busters! Converted Edition PS Vita extra CG & sprites?
do you planning to add Little Busters! Converted Edition PS Vita extra cg in Little Busters! PC and EX/ME version? because PS Vita edition has 40% more CG CMIIW
- Heya! There actually aren't 40% more CGs in the CE. The original Japanese line has been mistranslated by someone somewhere.
- See this line from http://www.prot.co.jp/psv/lbc/index.html:
- PS Vita版のイベントCGの画素数は原作であるPC版の1.4倍！
- The line states that the CG resolution is 40% higher, not that there are 40% more CGs.
- CE has new character sprites for the dorm head which would be fun to include, but I'm not making any promises on that. ^^ --Rive 10:54, 12 July 2012 (EDT)
thank you for your correction^^. I hope you'll add the new character sprites for the dorm head though I've already seen it in Kud Wafter >.<. sorry for my bad english >.<
I (and plenty of others as well) would greatly appreciate it if you include A-chan Senpai's sprite in the full release of the Ecstasy/Memorial patch. Kanata's route especially is just too awkward without it! --swedish
- If I had the possibility to browse the CE's data files, I'd definitely try. I'd also be interested in checking if the misc characters' voice samples are in a higher-quality format. Anyway, the problems are:
- None of us has the CE (and only one of us has a Vita to begin with)
- I'm not sure how feasible extracting image data from a Vita game even is
- I haven't found any CE disc images or data files I could use for testing
- Kud Wafter's sprites don't include A-chan's school uniform as far as I know
- If someone who owns the CE and can get the game's files to PC would like to help, please catch me, Phlebas or Pieformation at #[email protected] =] --Rive 04:07, 20 July 2012 (EDT)
just a couple of questions
so I have the EX version of the game with patch 6.0 (not the experimental). I played through using the OsakaMono font, some lines showed up as random symbols. Is this because I have EX? EX is not translated right? I will just patiently wait for a new patch. thank you all for your hard work! :D
- Thanks! You also answered your own question flawlessly. :) --Rive 04:49, 23 July 2012 (EDT)
- Actually, I don't think the lack of translation is the issue here-- I've gotten similar problems as the original poster. Some totally random lines turn garbled, while the previous and next one are totally fine. These can't be additions to the script in the EX version.
- I know that the EX patch is still a work in progress, so please don't take this as a complaint. I just wanted to affirm that there's actually something funky going on with the patch. Great job with the translation, it's been a joy so far :) --anon 14:07, 14 October 2012 (EDT)
Little Busters! Perfect Edition - TV Anime Commemorative Edition
Would you guys also consider reworking your patch so it can also go into this release? http://vndb.org/r22721
- I'd also like to know, I've already bought LB!PE, so I hope you'll make the patch compatible with it someway.
any updates on the EX patch?
I wanna read the EX portion of LB and learn the stories of those extra characters, any updates? Thanks.
- There was an update a few days ago at the top of this talk section (don't know why it was moved to the top...). Look there. Blahmoomoo (talk) 17:11, 8 October 2012 (EDT)
So i was on Doki website and they say you will be merging with them, i wish you luck there, just a small question reguarding little busters and active translating projects (here), will the continue to be updated via this webpage or would i do better to watch Doki for updates regarding VN's like little busters? --Madoka (talk) 19:21, 20 October 2012 (EDT)
-Hi, you'll find release posts here like before, though I have no doubt there will be posts on Doki's site too, but actually the best way to follow the progress is the translation chart at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?pli=1&key=0Am1pV7ssY0D7dExyd3NxUTNGNUFHRWNLZjV3em8xbEE#gid=0 --Phlebas (talk) 02:33, 21 October 2012 (EDT)
Little Busters in another Language.
Hello, I want to translate Little busters into my native language, and I was wondering if it was possible to ask for permission to translate it, as well as help to decrypt.
- I don't see why not. It'd be better if you could talk to us about it on IRC. --Rive (talk) 04:55, 2 January 2013 (EST)
Demo version patch
I heard there's a patch for the demo version, but the link to it on VNDB doesn't work. If you're the ones who made it, could you upload it somewhere else? Kilicool64 (talk) 20:20, 10 November 2012 (EST)
- We lost the master copy. I had planned to remake a new demo, but ran into issues syncing it with the main translation.
- If anyone (still) has a copy, please get in touch with us. Otherwise, keep poking us about it (I'll get to it some day). --applehq (talk) 15:47, 14 November 2012 (EST)
Can i join in the project LB ?
I want to help the project because i realy likes LB .So if i can help anything please let me help.
- Thanks for the offer, but we're not looking for new members at the moment. You can help by spreading the LB fever! --Rive (talk) 04:55, 2 January 2013 (EST)
Could I have your fork of RLDev?
I'm currently in the process of making a patch for Kanon that adds voice acting from the PSP version. However, the last build of RLDev Haeleth released has some unfortunate bugs. I contacted someone who tried fixing them, but he was unable to handle the outdated libraries it uses. Is your build easier to modify? If yes, could I have it? Kilicool64 (talk) 13:56, 18 July 2013 (EDT)
Tools for Little Busters
Hi, Do you only use RlDev for translate all the game ? :) Thanks
Font on Little Busters
Hi, I just want to ask how can we change font in Little busters EX. Is there one possibility ?
- Other Key games have an option to change the font somewhere, so I'd be surprised if this one doesn't have one as well. That said, changing the font can screw up the translation team's wordwrapping algorithm, so I don't think you should change it unless you're playing the game in Japanese. Kilicool64 (talk) 02:35, 27 September 2013 (EDT)
Error on RlDev
Hi, I use Rldev to extract seen.txt of LB EX: i have this error :" Warning: argument overflow near 0x00b67f.
Error: expected [$\(] in get_expr_term, found 0x4b near 0x00b680."
Can you help me ? No one can ?
- Just to make sure, you did use the version of RLDev available here, right? Haeleth's old version obviously won't work. There's a reason why this project has its own hacker. Kilicool64 (talk) 03:38, 9 October 2013 (EDT)
Awww. Thanks but there is a version for Windows. I think that's the linux version.
- Nope. RLDev doesn't have a version optimized for Windows. The developers recommend Windows users to run it in the Cygwin port of Occaml. You can still try using it in a normal Windows environment, but there's no guarentee it'll work perfectly. Kilicool64 (talk) 02:35, 10 October 2013 (EDT)
Thanks dude but it's hard to use cygwin. Prefer using linux :) It's hard on linux too T^T