The Turnabout of Haruhi Suzumiya
- May 27, 2014 - Does anyone who likes assembly hacking feel like fixing a couple irritating bugs? Details below.
- January 14, 2014 - The first case of the first game is playable all the way through with the more-or-less-final version of the script.
- December 27, 2013 - Found a way to change the font size and letter spacing: PatchInformation.
- December 19, 2013 - Wrote a program that tries to simulate the way the script appears in the game, so that line breaks can be added more easily. TurnaboutEdit
- July 1, 2013 - Case 1 main script translated, editing started.
- December 16, 2012 - Changed game font from MS Gothic to MS PGothic because MS Gothic's fixed width font didn't allow much text to fit on-screen.
- December 13, 2012 - Translation project started.
- Translation: cola, ever17
- TL Check: cola
- Editor/QC: Munchulax
- Engine Modification: Munchulax, cola
- Image/Graphics Editing: Kyougi Ryu
- Testers: Munchulax
|Red = Translation not started||Orange = Translation in progress||Yellow = Translation complete, TL check in progress||Blue = TL check complete, editing in progress||Green = Reviewed and inserted into game|
Script Files (Things to Translate)
Click the filenames to view the script
⇩The key above also applies below⇩
Graphics (Progress for All Games Combined)
|Image Type||Editing Progress|
|Courtroom Graphics||6／6 (100%)|
|Name Boxes||10／23 (44%)|
Bug fix requests
There are two irritating bugs:
- The load-save screen (and probably other screens) are still in Japanese. This is hard to fix because the load-save screen seems to be marked up ASCII art, so to get spacing you put in spaces, but English spaces are shorter than Japanese spaces. For the "Save now? Yes No" screen, I think I had to move the start of the string earlier and move another string somewhere else!
This feels like a huge hack, so does anyone know how to add more code/data segments to an existing DLL? I can't figure it out. If you want to help, please contact me or Kyougi Ryu for the existing "patch." (It just replaces the entire data file and the game DLL.)
- Something puts a Japanese Unicode space at the start of the names of items in some cases, and that is rendered as a no-character symbol when you play the game in English.
PS. If you feel like turning my Python packager/exploder into a cool data file patcher, please contact me, or I think Munchulax also has one. (The data file format is extremely straightforward, so it's only like 50 lines.)
- CUBETYPE's official site for Suzumiya Haruhi no Gyakuten
- CUBETYPE's official site for Suzumiya Haruhi no Gyakuten 2+1
- CUBETYPE's official site for Suzumiya Haruhi no Gyakuten 3